Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any info on these

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, im looking to buy a 10 inch sub. Basically i want to tidy up my boot, do a simple flat floor and wall setup, and just run a single decent 10 inch. I currently have 2 x Blaupunkt Velocity 10's, but i want to use them in another vehicle, so I'm watching on Ebay a JBL GT4 10, has any one ever owned on of these, or seen or heard them in operation. The only specs i can find on the net, are it's RMS ratings-250, I can't find any reviews or optimal box dimension sizes.I've searched all over the net, and the only suppliers of this sub i can find are all overseas. Basiacally it looks like a good deal, and is only about a half hour drive from me, but i've had no experience with JBL products before, so for all i know it could be a piece of **** sub worth 50 bucks.... It's new, but a few years old, still wrapped up, with a JBL GTO 6000 AMP, these are the pics from the add, sorry i dont know how to post the Ebay link.. Any help or info on this sub would be great. :thumbsup: thanks guy's

Last edited:

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
They were an average entry level sub a few years ago, similar to the pioneer 256c, (baby brother of the 306c, now 307c). Ok for sub-$100 price range, but not worth the upgrade from your blaupunkts imo.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah i know it would never compare to the Blaupunkts, so don't bother with it you reckon?? If it's just a crap entry level sub, then i'll leave it. If i'm just gonna run a single 10, it's gotta be a decent one.......What about the AMP, were they any good? Thanks Bezz

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
no idea from the amp im afraiid man... looks like a run of the mill jbl to me?

My recommendation on a sub without spending too much would be something like this:
Ryda Car Audio - Boston G210-4 10" Subwoofer($277.25)
Would crap all over any offering from jbl, pioneer and the rest of the usual suspects.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah man those are pretty nice, but a bit out of budget i think by the time i get an amp, box ect ect.. I'll just keep my eyes open for an Ebay or similar bargain- thanks for your help on the sub Bezz :thumbsup:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate, my best mate has that amp. its a JBL and is pretty good for running alot of things at 6 channels. across six channels the power output isnt great but if you run it at three channels bridged its pretty good, i'd suggest it for the money its going for (i'm watching it on ebay too haha but i dont bid)
Good luck!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
lass :ABMax Power :1100WRMS Power @ 4Ohms :4X50W + 2x75WRMS Power @ 2Ohms :4X75W + 2x125WRMS Bridget:2x150W + 250WFreq. Response :10Hz - 40kHzTHD :0.1%S/N Ratio :>92Bass Boost :+6dB @ 45HzCrossover Ch /2, 3/4: Flat/HP; Ch 5/6: Flat/LPVariable :30Hz - 320HzSlope :12 dB/oct.Input sensitivity :250mV - 4VDimensions (WxHxL:568x 55 x 294 mm.
That is all i could find, cut and pasted it from zandeo elctric uk, Can someone clarify for me, cause i know nothing about 6 channel amps.. What is the most power this will feed to a sub, and what could it feed to a sub and a set of 6x9's at the same time if i chose that option.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate, i asked the person selling it on ebay and they gave me some more specs and from what they tell me it will give you about 165wrms into a sub and 120rms into each 6x6x9

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
should have said, that is at 4ohm
at 2 ohm its great, 4x75 + 2x 125wrms

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i reckon i'll bid on it then, the sub from what bezz told me wasnt that great,but it doesnt have to be, ive kicker KS 6x9's at the moment and $300 splits, and ive fed 150 watt RMS each to those 6x9's before, and they rattle the boot from the outside, so theirs no shortage of bass, so the sub should just complete everything down to 30hz..Hopefully i get at it it's current price........!!