Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any kill switch diagrams

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
has anyone got any good kill switch diagrams or ideas i made one and conected it to my coil but it burnt out the switch why?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
If the kill switch is for ur dirt circuit car, just use one of those big red narva paddle switches. Hook one side directly to the battery, and the other side run 3 wires, one being a fat cable to ya starter and a half decent one to ur coil (doesn't need to be huge, just don't use speaker wire or anythin lol), and a 3rd wire run through a push button, then to ur starter solenoid. Then u don't need to worry bout wiring it up through ur ignition.

I've attached a rough diagram. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DIRT_CIRCUIT_WIRING.jpg
    DIRT_CIRCUIT_WIRING.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 13,541

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
good old isolation switch on the dash

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Nah they fit good in the window wiper hole....being a dirt circuit car u don't need them coz u got no windows lol.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
One I had on my coil once was a 3.5mm Mono audio socket on the dash near the keys. I had the mono plug on my Key ring and basically used it as a switch the plug was shorted inside and used the centre and shielding connections on the socket for in/out.
No one would notice it and if your in a fix and loose your plug you can use any old bit of wire to get you under way.

Also for commodores the autos have a neutral start switch purple wires from memory on the auto cut it and put a switch on it hides on the side of the console well. if a manual there is a loop at the front of the console wiring harness ready incase of an auto conversion break into it there.

cheers
Scott

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
its for my daily driver dont know wat amp switch it was it was the old gas system petrol gas switch thanks danny for the insight on the kill switch for my dirt car.scott will my car still start if i hook one up to the netral safty switch?

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
danny hows your efi 304 wags going have you started

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
its for my daily driver dont know wat amp switch it was it was the old gas system petrol gas switch thanks danny for the insight on the kill switch for my dirt car.scott will my car still start if i hook one up to the netral safty switch?

It will depend on switch position the switch on the auto will only allow the car to start in park or neutral so you cut the purple wire and put a switch on it so whent he circuit is broken it wont start.

cheers
scott

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride