Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any mechanical engineers or like professions?

ascension24

Reaction score
Im studying mechanical engineering at uni, and for one of my subjects I have a project where I have to interview someone in the field. Mechanical engineering would be preffered but anything similiar is better than nothing.
I'm suppose to do it face to face but over the net will be fine, not like anyone will know.

All I have to do is ask this person about 15 questions, just real general stuff about what its like working as an engineer etc...

If anyone can spare there time and help me out by answering a few questions please let me know, cheers.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Not sure about here, but I know for certain there are a few mechanical engineers or similar on SC..

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I am an apprentice Fitter? haha. It says Mechanical Engineering on my paperwork.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
In my opinion find someone who was a tradesman before an engineer. I reckon you could get heaps more out of them.

ssberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE track car, 10 sec VU Ute
I am a mech engineer pm me if you want :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
My dad is a mechanical engineer. PM me if you want.

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
In my opinion find someone who was a tradesman before an engineer. I reckon you could get heaps more out of them.

Now...
What do you need to know...

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
drewins said:

there are two types of mech. engs. there's the guys who are qualified fitters and turners or what have you who work machines and make stuff, they often call themselves mech engineers (fair enough), as do the guys (such as myself) who went to uni and learnt how to do heaps of maths like finite element analysis and triple integration. then after graduating you go spend most of your time in an office behind a computer.

i'm a mech. eng. and i work as an 'engineer' but i don't work in a factory or design any cars. PM me if you need a hand but you're probably more interested in someone who does more hands on work..