Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any one else suffer from this

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
any one else suffer from panic/anxiety disorder,your feelings towards it,do you believe in it,do you have an understanding doctor or not,are you cured,if so how did you achieve this and what medication helped?
also how do you think your body got sensitised to the panic/anxiety state,in other words,what do you think bought them on in the first instance?many doctors and shrinks say it's something to do with the past,a bad child hood experience,me personally,think this is a load of crok,the past causing it....

sorry if in wrong forum,couldn't find off topic section,so assuming "the pub" is close enough...i'm sure it will get locked or moved if in wrong place.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I suffered from anxiety problems when i first left the army, it was a shock to the system to all of a sudden have a world turned upside down, that combined with my service in ET and the injuries and consecutive surgeries did not help, in the end it led to depression which took 2 years to kick out of.

Unfortunatley in this day and age people don't talk about these things which can spell danger. I am just glad i had a great partner and understanding family as i put them through quite a bit while recovering. I think it is contributed to more current problems then past.

Sorry if i wondered off there.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So thats your problem minux....I thought you were just a bastard by nature...:yeah:

I always thought it was an excuse for low self esteem or failure, just like ADHD is a pretend affliction....(waits). That was until a friend developed it after being in a car crash. It was brought on by trauma and it took a while for him to deal with it and get back to driving. So while I never had any experience with people suffering anxiety I can sympathize now.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Used to get anxiety a bit from a youth of taking drugs. I manage it myself now. It's more common than you would think. Seeing a counselor would help. Would help to find tactics to reduce it.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
I suffered from anxiety problems when i first left the army, it was a shock to the system to all of a sudden have a world turned upside down, that combined with my service in ET and the injuries and consecutive surgeries did not help, in the end it led to depression which took 2 years to kick out of.

Unfortunatley in this day and age people don't talk about these things which can spell danger. I am just glad i had a great partner and understanding family as i put them through quite a bit while recovering. I think it is contributed to more current problems then past.

Sorry if i wondered off there.

i posted this because a lot of people talk about it now rather openly.
i have suffered it for the last 17 years,my doctor does not understand,has sent me to shrinks,slapped me on pills,i was agoraphobic for 2 years.
i actually believe mine was set off by a snake bite whilst out deer hunting,only 2 doctors say it is highly possible,i was talking to a snake expert in the NPWS and he said highly likely,especially from a copperhead.
now i am having severe chest pains and high blood pressure problems,my GP says don't worry,it's only panic,but cardioligists says different,heart is fine,but am at high risk of heart failure in 10 years time.
did you ever find your doctor to be to complacent about diagnosing other problems,by this i mean he put it all down to panic?rather than checking other known conditions like for example heart disease,blood pressure high/low,etc,etc.
also my family has been fantastic,in aiding in recovery,but i'm still not fully recovered,for some reason ...

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
I dont think there is a medication cure for it? maybe drugs but i dont belieave in that. I have been dignosed with it about 2 years ago n still have it. I didnt no i had it i thought it was just me then i went an seen someone an yeh. I panic real bad when i have a doc app or in this case i even gave up a job from it. i was supposed to go for a interview which the job had my name on but the nite b4 i somehow got my head into thinkn and started to panic rela bad to the stage where i didnt sleep all nite an felt sick... i no its weird but ah well lol i dunno why i have it.

but i dont think there is a cure i think it takes time with that said there is ppl out there with it 24/7 so i dunno....... sorry i carried on there :p

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Long long time sufferer of it, so here goes:

During my primary school years, I think from grade 4 onwards, I was bullied immensly, both physical and verbally. It got worse each year, the teachers at the school did diddly squat, and by year 6 I was a real mess, cutting my arms, having insane panic attacks, at one point I ran away from the classroom. Towards the end of year 6, I started gettin sessions with both psychologists and psychiatrists, and I was put on medication. I was fine up until last year, when I got attacked by a bunch of d**ks, and as a result I had to quit my yr 12. I did my yr 11 fine though. Once again I went through all the psychologists and they revamped my medication, that took up 6 months of last year, I was agrophobic and never saw my mates. But once I was re taught on how to control the panic attacks, I was moving in leaps and bounds. Today, I am still a fairly nervous person, but yeah. You can get out of it. Just remember that it takes a lot of work, and I'm proof- I did it twice!

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
**** matty thats horible... those dikheads should be bashed and hang by there balls lol.:w00t:

my cuzn suffers from it and doctors think its coz of school. it bad for her, she has to go hospital when it happens, oh and spicey food trigers it sometimes.

Dragz

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1

During my primary school years, I think from grade 4 onwards, I was bullied immensly, both physical and verbally. It got worse each year, the teachers at the school did diddly squat, and by year 6 I was a real mess, cutting my arms, having insane panic attacks, at one point I ran away from the classroom. Towards the end of year 6, I started gettin sessions with both psychologists and psychiatrists, and I was put on medication. I was fine up until last year, when I got attacked by a bunch of d**ks, and as a result I had to quit my yr 12. I did my yr 11 fine though. Once again I went through all the psychologists and they revamped my medication, that took up 6 months of last year, I was agrophobic and never saw my mates. But once I was re taught on how to control the panic attacks, I was moving in leaps and bounds. Today, I am still a fairly nervous person, but yeah. You can get out of it. Just remember that it takes a lot of work, and I'm proof- I did it twice!

Yeh i cant say i was bullied which i think its alod of crap how they teachers cant do anything about it, there needs to be some sorts law or something n make the bully publicly noticed for him/her to get wot they deserve.

And i am a very nevous person b4 i meet someone but once i have an all is good i calm down. it sucks lol wish i would hurry an snap out, i always think the worse an it never has been for me. i dunno if my past cancer tribuets to it or not. thats when i was 6 till 9ish n had both kemo an raditation treatment. for my very rare cancer they said.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So thats your problem minux....I thought you were just a bastard by nature...:yeah:

I always thought it was an excuse for low self esteem or failure, just like ADHD is a pretend affliction....(waits). That was until a friend developed it after being in a car crash. It was brought on by trauma and it took a while for him to deal with it and get back to driving. So while I never had any experience with people suffering anxiety I can sympathize now.

I am still a bastard by nature, just not as big a bastard as i was :)

i posted this because a lot of people talk about it now rather openly.
i have suffered it for the last 17 years,my doctor does not understand,has sent me to shrinks,slapped me on pills,i was agoraphobic for 2 years.
i actually believe mine was set off by a snake bite whilst out deer hunting,only 2 doctors say it is highly possible,i was talking to a snake expert in the NPWS and he said highly likely,especially from a copperhead.
now i am having severe chest pains and high blood pressure problems,my GP says don't worry,it's only panic,but cardioligists says different,heart is fine,but am at high risk of heart failure in 10 years time.
did you ever find your doctor to be to complacent about diagnosing other problems,by this i mean he put it all down to panic?rather than checking other known conditions like for example heart disease,blood pressure high/low,etc,etc.
also my family has been fantastic,in aiding in recovery,but i'm still not fully recovered,for some reason ...

My doctors were great, although they did try and tell me i had PTSD which was a load of crap, once they got over that hurdle all was good. Every now and then i get a little anxious when a few things set me off, but i just go back to thinking about some ops/training ex and it settles me. I was told that if you find a place in your mind that made you happy it will beat taking any drugs. Sounds stupid but its true.

Ahhh, typical schoolyard bullies **** me. Just a few months ago i come across a guy who used to be a bully at school that i went to. He was unemployed, divorced and about to lose his home, i showed no sympathy at all when he was telling me off this. Figured it was poetic justice.

Good to see you have kept your head up and trying to keep on top of it. Good things will come in time :thumbsup: