Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any one have a single turbo LS1 and what kit are you using?

mooseboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport Series II 5.7 6 Speed
Interest in who is using what LS1 single turbo kit and have you had any manufacturing faults like cracking exhaust manifolds, turbo failures, etc? What power figures have you made, with what modifications eg injectors, cam, throttle body, exhaust etc.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
i had a mixture of pcpa stuff and custom stuff. stay away from pcpa. trouble from the start crossover pipe did not fit and dump pipe hit on the body and manifold bolt holes did not line up.lol . i sold it all befor i even got it all on so not sure about what power it made just stay away from there manifolds and what not. They will try sell you the steam off there sh!t to press your pants with too. they will tell you there is nothing wrong with there stuff once you complane. I learnt my lession.

mooseboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport Series II 5.7 6 Speed
Cool because I was going to talk to them tomorrow about a kit as they have them advertised on special. This is the kind of feed back I was looking for.

Cheers

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Check out the ASE turbos. I don't have one but know of a few people who do and they're very happy with them.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
PM sent re turbo.

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
GenRacing

I've got a GenR1000 kit on my WH. Well made manifolds, but a few little areas that require a bit of creativity during the install. Certainly nothing trivial though. I dont have any power figures yet from my car, but I'm not sure if it will be relevant for you anyway as I've got an L76 conversion and a turbo grind cam.

Shane does have some results up on the websites from his stock LS1, stock auto VX calais that will show you what his kits are capable of.

surfer_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
408 turbo ssv ute
im running a ssv with a 402 stroker kit and single t1000 turbo kit from ase and its brilliant, tuning is the biggest problem but as for the gear iv had no real issues and iv been driving it as a daily for a while now. if you do go down the line of a single large turbo, i recomend getting some sort of bonnet scoop, heat rapping everything and getting it ceremic coated before you install it as the under bonnet temperatures soar. im having a bit of trouble with my fuel system as the fuel is vaporising and stalling the engine after a few hours of constant stop start driving. if you have any ideas on this problem im keen to hear them.

surfer_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
408 turbo ssv ute
just to add to that, mabe think about getting/making a larger coolant resivour than the one that ase provides, and power wise im making around 470rwkw on 10psi

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
im running a ssv with a 402 stroker kit and single t1000 turbo kit from ase and its brilliant, tuning is the biggest problem but as for the gear iv had no real issues and iv been driving it as a daily for a while now. if you do go down the line of a single large turbo, i recomend getting some sort of bonnet scoop, heat rapping everything and getting it ceremic coated before you install it as the under bonnet temperatures soar. im having a bit of trouble with my fuel system as the fuel is vaporising and stalling the engine after a few hours of constant stop start driving. if you have any ideas on this problem im keen to hear them.

I've got plenty of ideas on your fuel system troubles, but first tell me more about how your fuel system is setup (PM if you'd like).

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I've got a mixture of Genracing bits on mine (intercooler kit, turbo manifolds, dump pipe) - after a few cuts were made everything fit perfect - very happy with all of their gear. I run a turbonetics t88 which is a really top notch turbo - good warranty on it too.

I have a mate who bought a PCPA kit, it was a bit of a nightmare to install (pretty much everything had to be re-drilled), the turbo (t04Z) was way too small, as was the wastegate. The fella ended up upgrading to a ching chong y2000k GT45 and a 50mm wastegate and makes 500rwhp