Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any one tried this

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
dont know how many times this has been covered but here goes again
like stated if you hold the the up and down arrow on the overspeed while turning the ignition you get digital speedo with light flashing.
for permanent digital speedo hold all three buttons in and turn ignition to on while holding buttons wait 30 sec and the number 100 should appear on the display once this happens let the buttons go and push set and you have permanent digital speedo no light flashing.
now for the next trick while driving with permanent speedo hit the set button and this will store the speed you were doing at the time to recall this speed at a later time push the up arrow and it will be displayed.
have fun boys and girls.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
KAL SPL said:
Bit of trivia for you , the digital speedo stops at 240kmh , errmmm apparently . .

its true it does stop at 240kmh but i dont recommend you try to test this out unless you have access to one hell of a long privatley owned piece of road and all safety crew incase something goes wrong.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
hey does any one else have this problem?
When im drivng along lets say 60 for example sitting on 60kms and the digital one sats 62 - 64? wots the go with that

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
ssmate said:
it displays on the speed aleat lcd srceen

Sorry, but i dont own a VS YET....:p Is that on the dash?? Like next to the ODO and average petrol ect...

Cheers ;)

V

vn25det

the digital speedo comes directly from the computer and will dispay a true speed reading as where the analog speedo has variable factors that will cause different readings i know my analog speedo is 8-10km to slow and been proven on hwy speed checks but just before i went under it at 110km on analog with cruise set my digital reading was 118km and hwy speed check came back a 118km i did do it twice with a reading on the second of a 1km difference between digital and speed check.

also anyone else have problems getting it to go to permanent? i press all 3 buttons but when i turn ignition to ON it just makes speed alert work as normal i waited for 1-2min but nothing then i let go push set and i get a P1 displayed. doesnt really bother me cept night time diving with the flashing light.

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
jafo said:
its true it does stop at 240kmh

Although I dont know why you would need to be speed alerted at that speed. "*Beep Beep* Oh im going 240km/h, looks like im speeding, better back off a bit...:whistling "

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Frandy said:
Sorry, but i dont own a VS YET....:p Is that on the dash?? Like next to the ODO and average petrol ect...

Cheers ;)

Sorry for my stupid question b4 :p I never realised the Speed Alert Module thing itself had LED screen :) My bad :bang:

:thumbsup:

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
ssmate said:
hey does any one else have this problem?
When im drivng along lets say 60 for example sitting on 60kms and the digital one sats 62 - 64? wots the go with that
If you read the owners manual holden actualy allow about 5% between the speed alert and actual speedo.
Also don't quote me on this but i heard the ADR's allow car manufactures a 10% error allowence on speedo's. so you could be doing anything between 90 to 110 when your speedo shows 100 kl/h.. could anyone verify this ? as it would be very handy when caught speeding either radar or fixed camera

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
VS CALAIS said:
If you read the owners manual holden actualy allow about 5% between the speed alert and actual speedo.
Also don't quote me on this but i heard the ADR's allow car manufactures a 10% error allowence on speedo's. so you could be doing anything between 90 to 110 when your speedo shows 100 kl/h.. could anyone verify this ? as it would be very handy when caught speeding either radar or fixed camera

i think if you tried to argue with a cop about it and there machine had just been calibrated it might give them an excuse to say that your speedos out - bam- yelow sticker. i dont know just a thought?????
all the fines i have had the cops normally take of 2kays to give you a bit of a chance anyway.