Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any one tried this

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
5% would be a fairly large error, and when some get booked for doing 62 in a 60 who does one blame in court, GMH ? the magistrate would laugh at ya then toss the book in your direction.

All I know is the cops "usually" give you a small leeway, so it's very unlikely you would be booked doing 1 - 2 kph over, 3 ? maybe, 4 - 5 guaranteed.

Try going past a one man radar at well over 140 on a 900 speed triple triumph when the cop has just started to setup the gear, did he give chase ? nope, just used the radio as expected, problem is I knew the back roads home, anyway he would have got his car started when I was near a mile in front, that thing did 240 clicks with another 1,000 rpm to go before it hit the rev limiter.

Dyna Jet kits, good stuff.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
Darkrampage said:
Although I dont know why you would need to be speed alerted at that speed. "*Beep Beep* Oh im going 240km/h, looks like im speeding, better back off a bit...:whistling "
the speed alert does not go off at 240
what i was refering to is the maximum speed the module will display when in digital speedo mode.
and no i havent tried it out just know from things i have read.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
jafo said:
its true it does stop at 240kmh but i dont recommend you try to test this out unless you have access to one hell of a long privatley owned piece of road and all safety crew incase something goes wrong.
Or just swap your diff gears like I did :)
Mines now 15% out so realistically it would have been 205ish , however if it read incorrectly to the speed I got to it would have read 280kmh !

I will let you work out what I got the GPS to :)

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
OK so like most I had a play with it, sure the numbers click up and down but as for accuracy I would have to doubt it being correct and would not drive by a radar unit using it as my only speed indicator.

That aside the fuel light comes on with every tight corner, the numbers are very jerky and turned off the speed accuracy of the unit used in it's normal function returned and fuel light dissapeared, seeing as it had a full tank there was something amiss, it might be a novelty but perhaps something not to do.

Probably best to not mess with it, besides no one would have a speedo placed out of your normal line of vision.

Last edited:

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
how smooth do the numbers go up when ur driving, slowly or real smooth and fast??

Cheers

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
so it will jump a few k's when decellerating? oh well :) still cool! :yeah: