Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im not going to ban or infract you. I dont work like that (if I was I wouldve done it for that ridiculous nonsense you posted today).

Let me just quote your PM.

Suggest you research lap bands a bit more. You'd realise the things you were writing about eating pizza and maccas were rediculous as u can't eat **** like that ever again.
I haven't been able to eat bread for nearly 10 years without vomiting it back up again so I avoid it completely.

As you suggested, I have done the research. I could pick out any one of thousands of websites that support my posts. You claim that after the surgery YOU havent been able to eat that. From what Ive read, bread is a very common food group to cause this. But by no means does it cover everyone. So please, for the love of Jebus, stop acting like EVERYONE IS THE SAME. Everyones bodies react differently.

Many articles say that people go back to their old lives and without addressing other issues it is simply a temporary solution. As Ive been saying from day dot, the band is a fantastic tool to kick start a journey. However, it needs to be paired with lifestyle changes.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
No more posts, celebratory pizza for everyone!

BigGayAl.gif

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I used to try the diet shake diets. Used to lose 10 kg and put it back on, and up and down and up and down. Never lasted.

Now since January I have gone from 124kg to 101kg, yes I am still overweight but I feel so much better. In Van Heusen shirts (good comparison) I have gone from their largest 46, to wearing 42 size. And all through eating better foods in smaller amounts, with exercise when I can.

TOP EFFORT!!!

Overall I have kept off most weight but have fluctuated quite a bit last 7 years.

Aug 06 137kg
Sept 06 132.6
Mar 07 88.5
Jul 07 81.7 (Mission accomplished?)
Nov 07 88.5
Jan 08 82
Aug 08 80 (Stress @ work)
Oct 08 88
Dec 08 83
April 09 78
Sept 09 102 (was not a good year, had nervous breakdown etc)
Mar 10 90
Nov 10 78 (lost weight for skin removal op)
Mar 11 90 (Depression kicked in)
Aug 11 86
Feb 12 79 (low point before 1st marathon)
July 12 88
Feb 13 83 (2nd, 3rd marathons done @ 87)
Aug 13 91 (injured)
NY Day 14 94.4 - #### it that's enough!
Now 86

Even if you do lose significant weight, the battle is ongoing and lifelong. I did develop an eating disorder due to sharp initial drop, which didn't help :(. Anyway the plan is now to get well into the 70s for next marathon, in September in Sydney. Main thing I need to realise is that when I eat crap it makes the next run very unpleasant. As long as I stay away from crap (and booze), my diet is fine. But, all you can do is keeping on keeping on.

My parents are both obese. It has caused them health issues they need meds for. They don't exercise, and every single pantry item is the diet version, if it exists. Has been this way for the last 20 years. To boot, I once counted 50 different diet-related books in the house. If I'm out with dad, if I have a dessert (which I mustn't have now) he'll have one with me, forgetting that *I* ran 14km that morning, fixing up my daily energy balance. :bang:, as Mr Reaper would say ;)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
This with out a doubt has been the most entertaining and interesting thread I have read , it started out quite promising but soon went down hill , rapidly . Oh yeah you guys can have my share of pizza , they make me fart something terrible . Since starting eating cleanly , I can't process certain foods, either rancid farts ensue , or I'm on the toilet for a short period of convalecance , everybodies systems process foods differently , I get the runners guts too , depending what I've eaten , it can get quite uncomfortable .

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
WTF?

This threads sole purpose seems to be continuing the argument from my old thread that was closed.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Going a bit off topic but anyways........HOLY **** Gren, I knew you were losing weight but never realised you had lost that much. Huge congratulations hun, you look amazing :)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Big Al: My Brother-In-Law's sister had her stomach stapled (or whatever) earlier this year. She continues to eat **** food, just in smaller amounts. Her facebook page is filled daily with all sorts of unhealthy foods including cakes and slices that she is cooking, or intends to cook. It's like food is an obsession with her, it's mostly what her status updates reflect. Yes she has lost weight but is she healthy? I doubt it. How much longer before she gives up and goes back to full size portions of bad food?

Over the years (I am a tad over 50) I have seen and heard of people having this surgery and ending up bigger than when they started as they continued to gorge and binge on wrong food. Because you personally cannot eat junk food anymore, doesn't mean everyone can't. Do the research then accept you are incorrect in your theory.

CB.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
for a 50 year old, you certainly dont' know very much Claire. Stapled or whatever? ha you don't even know what she had yet you still put your 2 cents in.

Sorry this thread has gone to the dogs guys. Started out ok but unfortunately ignorance like this has made it impossible to have a proper debate.
Clearly you're haters, will never listen to reason or fact and will stop at nothing to force me to agree (which ain't gonna happen).

No point continuing.

I bet most of you have a higher BMI than I do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.