Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Big Al: My Brother-In-Law's sister had her stomach stapled (or whatever) earlier this year. She continues to eat **** food, just in smaller amounts. Her facebook page is filled daily with all sorts of unhealthy foods including cakes and slices that she is cooking, or intends to cook. It's like food is an obsession with her, it's mostly what her status updates reflect. Yes she has lost weight but is she healthy? I doubt it. How much longer before she gives up and goes back to full size portions of bad food?

Over the years (I am a tad over 50) I have seen and heard of people having this surgery and ending up bigger than when they started as they continued to gorge and binge on wrong food. Because you personally cannot eat junk food anymore, doesn't mean everyone can't. Do the research then accept you are incorrect in your theory.

CB.

This is true , I knew a guy once , who had a lap band , and didn't change his diet , and drank beer like it was going out of fashion , and as a result , he gained more weight , and I belive ended up a very serious diabetic . If you are going to waste a chance to change for the better , then you're only fooling yoursef .

PS - Al, my BMI is 22.5 ,

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Started out ok but unfortunately ignorance like this has made it impossible to have a proper debate. Clearly you're haters, will never listen to reason or fact and will stop at nothing to force me to agree (which ain't gonna happen).

None of us are "haters". The only hate here if coming from you. You seem to hate the fact you're wrong, have been proven wrong, but are continuing with your garbage over and over again. You know over 50 people with lap bands? HOLY CRAP! Is there a club or something? lol

No point continuing.

So why do you?

I bet most of you have a higher BMI than I do too.

What has that got to do with anything? Besides that, BMI doesn't indicate how healthy you are. My PTI was morbidly obese according to his BMI - fittest person I know though.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Sorry this thread has gone to the dogs guys. Started out ok but unfortunately ignorance like this has made it impossible to have a proper debate.

Its always funny when its the one who clearly has no idea, claims everyone else is ignorant. Give it a rest.

Clearly you're haters, will never listen to reason or fact and will stop at nothing to force me to agree (which ain't gonna happen).

I gave you facts. You gave me first hand anecdotal evidence. Just stop.

No point continuing.

Is this the third of forth time youve claimed this? I was ready to celebrate.

I bet most of you have a higher BMI than I do too.

...and right there youve just shown how little you know about health and well being.

Everyone, who knows anything about health, exercise and nutrition knows its a waste of time. In fact, throw out the scales and get a tape measure.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Because first hand experience is never as good as something you read on the internet.

hahahahahah now you're just being funny.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I can understand the anger Grennan, knowing that I will be able to maintain my weight easily for the rest of my life, and you can't.
I can understand that would get to someone like this.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Because first hand experience is never as good as something you read on the internet.

hahahahahah now you're just being funny.

Yeah because Big Al, bloke from Just Commodores, knows more than doctors and nutrionists. Clap ####ing clap.

I can understand the anger Grennan, knowing that I will be able to maintain my weight easily for the rest of my life, and you can't.
I can understand that would get to someone like this.

How does it feel to know you took the lazy way out? You had zero mental strength to overcome your problems and had to essentially have it FORCED upon you?

How does it feel to know you can never truley be proud of your achievement because you didnt actually earn it via hard work?

How does it feel to know you have absolutely zero grasp on nutrition, excercise and the human body?

Makes me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.