Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Its now been 3 years and with the help of my Lap Band I've lost 75kgs and lucky me, nearly straight away I'd reversed my diabetes and I now no longer take any medications.
Now at 52 I love mountain biking and all things cycling and in 7 weeks am attending the Mackay Mountain Marathon for another punishing 3 hours of fun.

Love to hear from any other Bandits who are loving their new life since being banded.

Cheers Owen

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I am not a lap bandit , I lost 30+Kg with diet and exercise , but I can appreciate that people see lap band operations as the only solution to help them lose weight so I , good Sir's I salute you .

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
not a bandit but a sleever or hope to be at 225 kg yes im big but like many diets don't work exercise whilst an option for all is not always practical for all.....my doctor hates me as I have high blood pressure....but no diabetes's no cholesterol and all my metabolic functions are within the accepted norm........

There will always be those who hate us fluffy ones but they im my view are just shallow ....there by the grace of god go I .....is what I say to the stick creatures

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

Just to be clear. I don't ever hate on anyone about anything. What my point of view is, is that I get annoyed that people resort to publicly subsidised surgical procedures when the same results can be achieved without such procedures. So part of my hard earned tax dollars are going to people who are fat and lazy! THAT is annoying. All fat people need to do is accept responsibility for being fat and put in some hard work and stop shovelling crap into their gobs.

Here's the proof! No surgery, eating healthy and exercise! Grennan is the model we (yes I am a fat guy and I accept responsibility for it as I am lazy and don't eat as healthy as I should!) should all follow!
PhotoGrid_1381305818387.jpg

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I get annoyed that people resort to publicly subsidised surgical procedures when the same results can be achieved without such procedures.

I feel the same about smokers, drug addicts and alcoholics who get treatment for medical conditions bought on by their habits. If you have a self inflicted health issue you should pay.

However some people need help to address mental health issues that makes them use food as a crutch/comfort as these types will lose the weight initially then stack in back on 10 fold down the track and end up like blimps.

I say good on those who are choosing to address their weight issue (I am one of them, back at the gym for 2 months now) but you need to realise it's a life long change as once you hit your goal weight you need to maintain it with regular exercise and healthy eating or you will just pile it back on.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You'll feel bad for me when I put it all back on?

Who the #### are you to even suggest, that I am so weak to go back to that?

Easier the first couple of times? By all means, reply to Raj, but dont dare insult me questioning my mental strength to keep it off nor suggest that this was easy because that is absolutely ridiculous.

My current training program is 3 days a week Personal Training and 3 days weight training and has been for the last two years and every single morning I am up at 5 am running. I have a solid understanding of nutrition and exercise and have 6 monthy meetings with a professional nutritionist to make sure I am still meeting goals.

Goals that are earned are cherished. The harder the road the more you remember it. I couldve gone and got lap bands. But I wouldnt have had the same respect for the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.