Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I put a supercharger on the commy, is that cheating too. Nah it's a modification, just like a band. And improvement over stock.

All those wonderful tattoos of yours Grennan, aren't they a form of body modification too? Pot calling kettle black mate IMHO.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
for a 50 year old, you certainly dont' know very much Claire. Stapled or whatever? ha you don't even know what she had yet you still put your 2 cents in.

LMAO, because I don't know how exactly the procedure is done now, I do know it used to be referred to as stapling however I read terms like banding now as over the years the actual technique has changed. I know perfectly what the procedure does, makes the stomach smaller so you don't eat as much.

As Gren said, you are weak and had to resort to surgical intervention rather than be strong willed like us and change our eating habits. We have far more chance of success at keeping the weight off long term than you :) However, good luck to you, I hope you achieve your goal.

No point continuing.

Yet you do.......

I bet most of you have a higher BMI than I do too.

I bet I don't. :)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You are a deadset donkey.

Wouldnt Lap Band be more like SS Reductions?

I am perfectly happy I didnt take the band and wouldnt have it any other way.

I can go out for a drink, I can go out for dinner and eat what I want, as long as I adjust my calorie plan to suit. Its not about ease or convenience its about doing it in a manner that makes me proud of my accomplishments.

At the same time I am fitter than I have ever been and am currently training to go back to Rugby and regularly run 10kms when I struggled to run the length of my street when I started. I am stronger than I have ever been, Leg pressing in excess of 200kg and benching around 100.

If I had of done the surgery, I would never of gained the nutrition and body knowledge, I wouldnt have been as fit and strong and because Ive done it at a safe rate, I wont have adverse effects such as heart issues (rapid weight loss can damage your heart) and I dont have excess skin because of toning.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Comparing a lap band to car modifications? LOL!!! OK. A lap band would would be like buying a V8 Commodore and replacing the engine with the engine from a Cruze.

Forced induction? Mate if you think so backwards about things it really explains a lot about what you've posted. Although I do imagine that most people who have lap bands could call their hands their forced induction system before they had the surgery.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Not ever having to worry about eating too much and putting on weight is bloody marvelous. I don't have to waste my life away in the gym with all the other robots.
I still exercise but for fitness not weight loss.

Would definitely get another one if I had to do it again.

You guys could have spent all that wasted time with your kids or doing something fun on your car like I did but nah, slogging it out in the gym for hours a week. How utterly boring.
I purchased my Harrop blower kit with the money I saved over the last decade on food and gym membership. I can see why you'd be a hater.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Lol BMI's don't prove anything Al, my BMI says i'm overweight, i can tell you i'm certainly not I gym 6 days a week swapping between HIIT supersets and strength training.

proper health is measured on certain fat levels (triglycerides etc) within the body, protein synthesis and metabolism.

personally attacking people like claire and gren in this thread will get you nowhere and i believe you're lucky enough to not get banned.

just because you're skinny or your bmi says you're not overweight doesn't mean at all that you're healthy.

The point that started it a lap band will not be truly effective without proper nutrition and education. This is FACT not opinion. It has been backed up by psychologists, nutritionists and health experts.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Not ever having to worry about eating too much and putting on weight is bloody marvelous. I don't have to waste my life away in the gym with all the other robots.
I still exercise but for fitness not weight loss.

Would definitely get another one if I had to do it again.

You guys could have spent all that wasted time with your kids or doing something fun on your car like I did but nah, slogging it out in the gym for hours a week. How utterly boring.
I purchased my Harrop blower kit with the money I saved over the last decade on food and gym membership. I can see why you'd be a hater.

Some people enjoy exercise. just as others see our car hobby as a waste of time and money.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
of course it won't be truly effective. that's obvious but to make a blanket statement that all lap banders are cheaters who just stuff their faces and never bother to watch what they eat is something I'd expect from the less intelligent.

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed with the level of moderation that has been shown here so really couldn't care if I get banned.
If they want to run off the long standing members that actually try to answer people's questions and keep the ones that continually ask the same questions about how to make their V6 sound like a V8 then that's fine. Maybe they like that sort of user because simple questions are the only ones they can answer effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.