Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
or have a phobia of fat people

You're being a hypocrite mate, you complain about people generalising and stereotyping then you do the same.

I'm quite sure most of the people that have posted on here have said that lap banding is perfectly fine when necessary but when people choose to lap band and not choose to adjust any part of their life to help support the lap banding procedure and continue to live like they did before it's a waste and pointless.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
of course it won't be truly effective. that's obvious but to make a blanket statement that all lap banders are cheaters who just stuff their faces and never bother to watch what they eat is something I'd expect from the less intelligent.

Noone has said this, untill you started making personal attacks. You live in your own little fairy bubble and youve just imagined a personal attack.

Comments were made that lap banding ALONE is not a sure fire solution and that it needs to be done in conjunction with other things such as eating well.

It was said that SOME people go back to their former habits and it doesnt work.

I dont know what thread you are reading but its like you read what I write and then just see something completely different.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I don't get why anyone would go through the lap banding procedure just to continue living how they did before. the discomfort of the operation and recovery, the cost, etc. you would think most would make it work first time round. I see it more as a aid. some people out there really do have actual reasons for getting one and it is a good start for people to turn their lives about.

I don't have any grumbles against it. those who whinge about taxpayer money contributing to the cost need to get over themselves. I pay tax too and that tax also helps build and maintain the roads I drive on. I don't whinge and say "muh tax dollars! mah money so dis mah road! you can't drive on it get out of my way!" when the traffic is bad.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
OK so the professionally fat fluffy guy .. me.. will add my final two cents worth........ yes diets work for some Gren being a great example.....lab banding works for big al.. but with side effects.....we are all different diets don't work for me ..medical science fails as well so my option is reduced to 1 a bullet in the brain= certain death ...been dead twice already so I think ill pass....2 is the gastric surgery along with a radical diet and lifestyle change..... and yes it is possible to have the lap band and or the sleeve and still gain weight.......caramel lattes are liquid and very yummy as are mars bars and ice-cream when fed thru a blender with correct eating and exercise and the surgery I should get down to a healthy weight one that I have not seen since I was a teenager

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Errrr Gren didn't "diet". He changed his whole lifestyle to one that was smart and healthy. Big Al went for the lazy option that meant he didn't have to change his lifestyle at all. BIG difference.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
It is just a tool. The haters seem to think it is some sort of all in one easy solution and since their tax dollar apparently paid for the operation, it's their business to tell fattys how to live their lives.

I'd love to have this conversation in person with these guys without the BS of threatening to ban me etc. It would certainly be a different outcome :)

Maybe they're just afraid of surgery, a lot of people are.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
It is just a tool. The haters seem to think it is some sort of all in one easy solution and since their tax dollar apparently paid for the operation, it's their business to tell fattys how to live their lives.

I'd love to have this conversation in person with these guys without the BS of threatening to ban me etc. It would certainly be a different outcome :)

where are the threats to ban? you're the one that keeps bringing it up. you will only be banned if you keep breaking forum rules. end of story.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project

Maybe they're just afraid of surgery, a lot of people are.

lol i can't banned so i haven't threaten, i've had 4 surgeries. so i'm not affraid.

you keep failing to see that people don't like the fact that people get lap bands and don't change their life style.

ie. keep shoveling the same **** in their face no exercise no proper nutrition.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
i can guarantee you'll be banned for being an utter twat, not for a difference of opinion ;)

where are the threats to ban? you're the one that keeps bringing it up. you will only be banned if you keep breaking forum rules. end of story.

Short memories in Traralgon?

Status
Not open for further replies.