Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any panel beaters out there?

DeadxPatriot

What now?
Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
Update

Spoke to my bro in law who's a Panel beater and he stated it was a straight swap. Obviously lights etc have to be changed ie fogs but all up bonnet and front bar 14 bolts.

Also got given the run around, bloke I was meant to meet up with today said no to the swap with money on top from him. Gutted. As my bonnet is 2500 brand new and front bar is 1500 new.

Not happy jan.

Sent from Tapatalk

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
why swap the rare one off front for a front as common as assholes,don't see the logic.

No offense to the OP. But to answer your question, Because the "rare" Pontiac front looks ****. Holden had to use up their excess G8 parts they didn't get to use when the US stopped importing them during the GFC. Even the Americans are converting their G6's and G8's back to, as you say: common as assholes front end.

DeadxPatriot

What now?
Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
No offense to the OP. But to answer your question, Because the "rare" Pontiac front looks ****. Holden had to use up their excess G8 parts they didn't get to use when the US stopped importing them during the GFC. Even the Americans are converting their G6's and G8's back to, as you say: common as assholes front end.

None taken. I agree with you. I dont think its "****" but Im just not feeling it, I really like the "normal" front =)

Sent from Tapatalk

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Can I have the G8 front end? I reckon it looks mint..
But then maybe that's cause my old man has the G8 front..

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
No offense to the OP. But to answer your question, Because the "rare" Pontiac front looks ****.

Agreed. Especially with those huge Aussie front plates on them. They don't need to wear front plates in the US, so it makes them look bit more acceptable.

OP, does this mean you'll stop referring to your car as a G8 GT now? :p

DeadxPatriot

What now?
Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
Agreed. Especially with those huge Aussie front plates on them. They don't need to wear front plates in the US, so it makes them look bit more acceptable.

OP, does this mean you'll stop referring to your car as a G8 GT now? :p

Lol yeah after I change the front =P

Sent from Tapatalk