Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any pics of b&m Shifter installed to VR.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
thank's heap's im on the opinon that it could be better to buy another seconhand th700 and build that one up so i can still drive around (probly take a while to save and i can teach myself to rebuild them with the book)

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
id leave the trans up to the professionals mate. touchy stuff

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
thank's heap's im on the opinon that it could be better to buy another seconhand th700 and build that one up so i can still drive around (probly take a while to save and i can teach myself to rebuild them with the book)

If you manage to rebuild an auto using only a workshop manual as a guide, I would like you to also send your genetic material away for genetic research as that would be a tremendous feat.

all in all I hope yo u do, do it, and I hope it works, any chance you will keep us posted during your auto rebuild, as I'd love to hear about it.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
have you seen inside an auto? essentially they're a very simple construction, so I can't see it being all that hard. plus the yanks have better rebuild books than we do. in saying that though, I personally wouldn't try, as I don't trust myself. but good luck anyway

crazi 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr aclam wagon
a i redun an auto about 1 year ago an shes still goin good once you tak th pan off an get throw the little **** its easy an that was from readin a book

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
if i installed a b&m shifter how would i change the p,r,n,d,1,2,3 bit to the other side as the would sit on the passenger side and also how do i manualise the auto or is that what the shifter does? is it driven like a normal auto or do i change gear's just without the clutch? thank's

well i know that with the b&m mega shifter they sell both a LHD, and a RHD version, and i would imagine that the others would be the same

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship

If you search, there's some awesome videos online that go through certain aspects of T700 rebuilds step by step. There's details workshop manuals with exploded diagrams that you can download and print, and a whole host of American forums with people who really know their stuff. If you're keen to do it - do it. Just make sure it's a spare gearbox you're tinkering with, and not the one you need back in the car by Monday morning :p :rofl: