Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any pics of b&m Shifter installed to VR.

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Supercharged VR V6 A4 BERLINA/VZ SV6 M6
G'Day all,
Im seriously thinking of putting a B&M Pro Ratchet in my VR, does anyone have any pics, horror stories or do's and dont's? Have the standard one at the moment and it sucks ass manual shifting.
Thanks Crew, Merlin.:thumbsup:

just-o1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
b/m

look at this i know it's a vt but just the same it can fit any console very easy

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
G'Day all,
Im seriously thinking of putting a B&M Pro Ratchet in my VR, does anyone have any pics, horror stories or do's and dont's? Have the standard one at the moment and it sucks ass manual shifting.
Thanks Crew, Merlin.:thumbsup:

any reason why you want one on a v6?

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
Oh, so they're only for the v8 crowd are they?!?! Why do people still have these attitudes... there are many v6s getting around these days that would shame many v8s, and if someone wants a B&M shifter, good on them!

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Supercharged VR V6 A4 BERLINA/VZ SV6 M6
The reason i want one is because just that, I want one. My VR is current in the shop getting a Full rebuild and blown, I plan i seeing a bit of track and street time once she is done.
Just-o1, that VT is bloody awesome mate. If my VR turns out anywhere as good as that when she is finished, i will be one happy man. Thanks for the pics, that is exactly what i want. It looks tuff as and sits nice and hi so shifting would be made easier im guessing.
Thanks for your input.
Any VR/VS's out there with this same set-up?

Cheers and Beers, Merlin.:thumbsup:

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
Didn't V6 Vengence (V6 project car from street commodores mag) fit one? Jump on the forum and have a search thru the V6 Vengence section. Sure it was a VN, but they have the same console as the VR/VS's don't they? Good luck!

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
just-o1 that is a nice car did u do the interior ur self

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
if i installed a b&m shifter how would i change the p,r,n,d,1,2,3 bit to the other side as the would sit on the passenger side and also how do i manualise the auto or is that what the shifter does? is it driven like a normal auto or do i change gear's just without the clutch? thank's

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
if i installed a b&m shifter how would i change the p,r,n,d,1,2,3 bit to the other side as the would sit on the passenger side
you wouldn't. it would basically be a full custom mirror image replica and would cost a mint

how do i manualise the auto or is that what the shifter does? is it driven like a normal auto or do i change gear's just without the clutch? thank's
nah it's just a shifter, exactly like the one you have except for the ratchet action. to manualise the auto it's a trans shop job, needs to have a manual valve body fitted and may be a good idea to rebuild with stronger guts while it's out