Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guess The Movie Screenshot

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Repurposed Thread , Post a screenshot from a movie and we will try and guess it .
If you post a pick and no one guesses within a week please reveal the answer :D

If you post an image, try not to use a stock photo that can be easily searched and don't use images that have been named. If you see an image of mine that has a title , means it's been guessed.
Tip: Try and take a screeny on your phone or pc

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve long looked into using plex. It was even suggested to us by an Apple employee.

I have a lot of media I’d love to consolidate into one thing. Everytime I start to glance over it all, I kind of leave it there and am a bit overwhelmed with what to do.

Any advice on getting it going? How to structure files and hosting them? Like how do you store them all to be used?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi, I was wondering if there are any Plex user's on JC . For those that haven't heard of Plex it is a free streaming service. It also has a server app that allows you to stream from your pc your personal DVD's or CD' and other media to other people's smart tv, Playstation/Xbox or google chrome. You may have noticed it pre-installed on your smart tv or streaming device.

I have quite an extensive library that would rival Netflix i would like to share with any JC members that would be interested in having a look.

Initially you would need to download the Plex App and create a free account then PM me with your username, Once i have added you as a friend i will send an invite to access my library.

This is absolutely free but Plex do charge to use their mobile app, but this can be bypassed by logging into their website and going to your Account Setting's. The app for Smart Tv's, gaming devices and streaming devices is absolutely free.

You never know, you might find you can ditch all your streaming subscriptions.

If you already have a Plex account you can add me with my username kleanphil ;)
Bloody legend!!

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I’ve long looked into using plex. It was even suggested to us by an Apple employee.

I have a lot of media I’d love to consolidate into one thing. Everytime I start to glance over it all, I kind of leave it there and am a bit overwhelmed with what to do.

Any advice on getting it going? How to structure files and hosting them? Like how do you store them all to be used?
Hers a couple of pics of my file structure, I use a couple of apps to help with cleaning up the naming convention like YAMMM and another i use to delete extra text on folders i don't want
View attachment 263184
View attachment 263185

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
There is another server app called Jellyfin that @stooge recommends that is free and that looks quite good , but i'd already paid for my Plex server and was too hard to get my friends to jump over.

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon

For me this is a hobby as well as a lot of OCD , So when i started every thing went onto 2tb portable hd's then when i had two of them i copied onto a 4tb portable hd , keeping the 2tb's for back up , when i had four 4tb hd's i copied them to a 18tb 3.5 hd , keeping the 4tb hd's as backup , freeing up the 2tb's to continue the proccess . All up i have two 18tb with eight 4tb's as backup for them and have a 4tb running now with two 2tb's as backup for it, i'm currently filling another 2tb , and have four or so 2tb's to continue the whole thing. Its a bit of a commitment but also a little expensive

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Not to forget my kick ass pc i run it all from
Proc. Intel Core i9 13900KF 24 Core LGA 1700.
GPU. MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Gaming X Trio 12G
SSD. Samsung 990 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe Gen4. X4 NVMe 2.0c .
Ram. G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) F5-7600.
Mother board. Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming WiFi DDR5 LGA 1700.
CPU Cooler. Corsair iCUE H100x RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler.
Power Supply. Corsair 850W RM850x SHIFT 80+
Case. Corsair iCUE 4000D RGB Airflow TG Mid-Tower ATX

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, I thought I had a lot at 2.5 Terabytes. I stopped downloading stuff when we started watching streaming services when they were cheap and I started to run out of room. I think I have another 2 Terabytes on a different portable HD but I need to recover it as something went wrong. Streaming services are getting expensive and don't have what I want to watch half the time.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
LOL, I thought I had a lot at 2.5 Terabytes. I stopped downloading stuff when we started watching streaming services when they were cheap and I started to run out of room. I think I have another 2 Terabytes on a different portable HD but I need to recover it as something went wrong. Streaming services are getting expensive and don't have what I want to watch half the time.
well do yourself a favour and grab the app and i'll help set you up with my library , you won't look back.
Plus i'd be interested how well it works over the ditch