Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any point in putting on a 10psi pulley with stocko exhaust?

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
after plenty of arguments with the cook over her not wanting an exhaust on our "new" car i have given in just to shut her up, what i want to know is- any point in putting a smaller pulley on the charger with a stocko exhaust? BTW Free to good home- 1 Wife lol

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
10psi is fine with stock exhaust

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
87mm pulley and rockers will be just fine with a stock exhaust. An exhaust would help bring out the best in these mods but they will give a good improvement nonetheless. A good CAI is crucial too.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
BTW Free to good home- 1 Wife lol

Specs on wifeplease , I might be keen :p

Seriously though if she doesnt want an exhaust how she going to feel about a 10psi charger?

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
dont really care what she thinks of the boost upgrade, quite the MILF but the temper of a menopausal grandma haha

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
so charged, i need to have rockers do i? i was thinking about just whacking on a smaller pulley, already have CAI on it. how much are rockers? sorry if these are retarded questions, but im only new to the L67. is it possible to just put a smaller pulley on?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
you don't need rockers, they are just another power adder. the stock l67 exhaust is actually quite a good system. i had it on for a bit when my car was in testing and believe me i had a lot more than a simple pulley upgrade. if you want to get it moving without changing the exhaust, i would suggest. diff gears, high ratio rockers, pulley upgrade, cai. sure an exhuast would help but im sure your willing to give a couple of kw in exchange for peace and quiet (from the wife)
johnny

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
it is just a berlina 180sc, gather it woulb be the same as a 'S'

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
aye redcv6 i would do anything for peace and quiet from the cook, you know what its like we can never win so you either have to do these mods on the sly and tell her when you get home (or she gets the mastercard statement lol) or just go ahead and do it and put up with the day of silence!, fcuk it, days silence sounds great to me, might just go and book it in now! thanks for your input.