Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any problems surfaced?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the rattle from the dash goes away after a while, dads SV6 was pretty bad for rattles for about a month and then they just stopped one day

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
hmm seems to be an issue this rattle, I think the guys from drive.com.au in their videos found the same fault?

I was about to purchase an SSV, however my gut says to stay and wait for Series II

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Well the SSV has 5000k's on it, and he said it started recently.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
my car rattles in the centre console for about 2 minutes then just stops. I cant explain it. As for the rattles in VEs going away after a while. Maybe (this is just a wild stupid theory) the parts in the dash settle down due to bumps and gravity???? I dunno. A new car shouldnt have to do that. Waiting 6 months might be wise. At work they get new issues everyday involving quality that they deal with. They do get dealt with. Most of them. Just wait a while.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the rattle from the dash goes away after a while, dads SV6 was pretty bad for rattles for about a month and then they just stopped one day

Or everyone just got used to it :) Mind conditioning!! :thumbsup:

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
A guy at work claims to have seen several examples of Nickel-coloured VE's, in various versions, all with what appeared to be very uneven paint on the back bumper area. You wouldn't know anything about that, Drewins? ;)

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
A guy at work claims to have seen several examples of Nickel-coloured VE's, in various versions, all with what appeared to be very uneven paint on the back bumper area. You wouldn't know anything about that, Drewins? ;)

Would that be between the plastic and the metal??

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I dont think it was uneven paint but they were getting slightly different results bettwen the plastic and the metal. I think it was on a weekend lately they changed some of the robot paint guns for the shell so that they were the same as the ones that did the bumpers. Its hard to explain why but im pretty sure they are dealing or have dealt with it. Im not sure of how much info I can tell people before I can get sacked. I guess it would only be info that would be of use to other manufacturers if they get a hold of it. There also may have been a different issue with uneven paint on the bumpers but they are done in a different plant to where I am so im not exactly sure. I wouldnt think a bar with uneven paint would be passed through check stations anyway.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
I've looked at LOTS of VE's and have never noticed it - maybe his eyes need checking....

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
I've looked at LOTS of VE's and have never noticed it - maybe his eyes need checking....

The problem is colour maching between plastic and metal will never be the same. So with some of the more non conservative colours you can see at different angles and shades of light.