Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any problems with whiteline link pins??

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Anyone had problems with whiteline link pins??

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has had issues with whiteline heavy duty swaybar link pins?
Three months ago I snapped one pin and 20mins ago just snapped the bolt that goes through the swaybar itself, the thing is both times it was on the F/L of the car!

The car has DMS 40mm gold coilovers, mostly stock bushes and the adjustable swaybars.
When the coilovers were installed I did get the installers to change the camber up front a little.

If anyone has a suggestion as to why this is happening that would be great.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Whiteline are a good product

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Whiteline are a good product

Well if I wanted that kind of answer I would ask a brick wall, sorry if that sounds a little harsh. But in all seriousness why comment? I know whiteline make good products that's why I bought off them!!

What I'm trying to ask people right now is if anyone has had a problem with swaybar link pins (doesn't have to be whiteline) and if they have what was the cause of the issue and how they fixed it!

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I like toast!

(just kidding..)

I cant comment but did you get in touch with whiteline and ask them about it? They would probably replace them for free.

Sounds pretty crap for a company with a reputable name like that to make parts that break easily, so Id assume they would try make it up to you and more than likely give an excuse like a bad batch unless they try and make it your fault.

Were you just driving normally when it happened or did you hit something?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Sorry mate I must admit I barely read past the first line, thought this was a "is this brand any good thread"

The front sway bar, it may be putting undue pressure on the link pin, maybe play around with the adjustment. Also just make sure it is dead centre where it bolts down in the middle.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I like toast!

(just kidding..)

I cant comment but did you get in touch with whiteline and ask them about it? They would probably replace them for free.

Sounds pretty crap for a company with a reputable name like that to make parts that break easily, so Id assume they would try make it up to you and more than likely give an excuse like a bad batch unless they try and make it your fault.

Were you just driving normally when it happened or did you hit something?

It's all covered under warranty through the people that I bought it through, great service as always from these people.

Yeah I was driving fairly tame I had just got new tires, and was getting used to the way the car handled, I was driving on a straight when it happened. It was a big bang then a clunk from what I think was the bolt initially breaking then it flying up under the car. I then went around a roundabout and heard what I think was th e onther side of the bolt flying off!

Either way it will be fixed for free, I just want to know how to fix it and how it's happening.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Sorry mate I must admit I barely read past the first line, thought this was a "is this brand any good thread"

The front sway bar, it may be putting undue pressure on the link pin, maybe play around with the adjustment. Also just make sure it is dead centre where it bolts down in the middle.

Thats the kind of reply I was expecting from you, I'll have a look at that and see what can be done.