Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Problems

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hi i was just wondering has anyone had any great problems with the vz, mainly the Alloytech,

Thanks
Andrew

SV6_stormrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV6 M6 - Quicksilver
I've had my SV6 6spd manual for about 3 months. Up until now, no issue aside from the fuel guage being way out which Holden recalibrated. Over the last couple of days though, i've noticed a high pitched whining coming from the engine/transmission (not quite sure where) on a cold start. Lasts about 10-15 mins until everything has warmed up properly. The noise actually drowns out the normal engine noise and radio and is just downright annoying.

Going into Holden tomorrow to be checked out. Hopefully the engine won't have warmed up enough by the time I get there so they can see what i'm talking about.

Just this morning i've found brake fluid leaking from the front drivers side brake line. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

T

tolinja

hi
mine vz one tonner had a fan belt out of alinement and gave a high pitch noise at start up holden fixed that.the front bumper was loose(hasnt been fixed yet?)fuel gauge is out like everyones.

SV6_stormrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV6 M6 - Quicksilver
OK, so it turns out that it wasn't brake fluid at all but power steering fluid...hence why i'm not a mechanic !!! I'm told by my service consultant that they've seen a few of these come through lately. Would account for the whining and groaning noises coming from the engine bay on a cold start.

Also, has anyone noticed that the traction control kicks in before you've even moved off...say if you give the car a bit of a rev just before engaging the clutch ? I've had this happen a couple of times. It cut the power to my engine completely once while try to get through a roundabout on a rolling start but no wheelspin. A bit scary when you've got trucks bearing down on you.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Then turn TC off....................:bop:
AirStrike :air:

SMOKN_LJ

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
LJ Torana, VL Calais
whining noise could also be from a/c compressor brackets not torqued up correctly from factory