Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any reason a full EFI loom WOULDN'T work in a carby VK?

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Hey guys,

Got a VK EFI loom (as well as the rest of the EFI gear) - I got to thinking, could I install the loom first but maintain the carby gear (as I don't want to do it all at once to minimise downtime)?

There are only two major differences that I can think of - the ignition (not a problem as I've got VH/VK EFI ignition anyway) and the autochoke and idle stop solenoid (not an issue as I had to rewire these when I removed the EST).

To the best of my knowledge there's nothing else that would be different in terms of engine electrics, and apart from the fact that there'd be a hell of a lot of redundant wiring until I hook the rest of it up, I can't see any reason it wouldn't work.

Your thoughts?

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
i think you are a lot better off doing it all at once...

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
You'd think so... but the short amounts of time I get to work on the car really don't allow for that.

The EFI loom completely detaches from the main loom, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work... but that's what I've got you guys for :p