Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any recomended freight companys? realistic prices needed asap

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yea, should only be about 100 bucks either way on fuel. Not to mention about 16 hours in the car lol.

Also 2 days off work. So take into account all that and driving yourself isn't really a viable option :)

cjf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 300+rwkw & BF GT
You guys are kidding aren't you pack & send are one of the dearest companies around.
Greyhound freight out price them every time. Another option is to pay a local truckie a few bucks to chuck it in the cab of his truck on a return run.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You guys are kidding aren't you pack & send are one of the dearest companies around..

Agreed, I've only used them a couple of times getting stuff sent to me, and it's always been ridiculous. Greyhound or any bus freight is good, but bulky items are a problem. Just call around, for a front bumper? That's crazy. It's not a heavy load it's just awkwardly shaped.

Just keep calling around, if I can get a gearbox from Rockhampton to Melbourne, regional to city for 60 dollars. I'm sure you can get it for under 200.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I sent a front bar from Wangaratta (NE Victoria) to Browns Plains (QLD) using Canny Carrying Co. Canny Depot to Depot cost me $100 and the other person picked it up from the Browns Plains Depot.

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
You guys are kidding aren't you pack & send are one of the dearest companies around.
Greyhound freight out price them every time. Another option is to pay a local truckie a few bucks to chuck it in the cab of his truck on a return run.

i used greyhound last year to send some wheels to melbourne, and were the best i could find then $160 from memory

i heard today from greyhound, they have changed there freight system/priceing only last week, as it used to go on weight, now it goes on cubic mesurement

even tho the bar is wraped in bubble wrap, it gets measured as if its in a box

most companys, or i should say all ive talked to so far, use this method

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
i used greyhound last year to send some wheels to melbourne, and were the best i could find then $160 from memory

i heard today from greyhound, they have changed there freight system/priceing only last week, as it used to go on weight, now it goes on cubic mesurement

even tho the bar is wraped in bubble wrap, it gets measured as if its in a box

most companys, or i should say all ive talked to so far, use this method

everyone cubes these days

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
good news
Sub60 couriers quoted me $141 today
so ill be useing them:yeah::thumbsup:

heaps cheaper than the next cheapest quote of $370

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
I sent a front bar from Wangaratta (NE Victoria) to Browns Plains (QLD) using Canny Carrying Co. Canny Depot to Depot cost me $100 and the other person picked it up from the Browns Plains Depot.

off topic but i'm sure it was a Canny Carrying truck that took out a train in Victoria a couple of years ago