Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any recomended freight companys? realistic prices needed asap

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
im looking for a freight company to ship a front bumper from the gold coast QLD to maitland new south wales, ive sold on ebay
the prices ive been given are quite ridiculous

ive made a few enquiries allready with prices rangeing from $370 to way over $700

if you know of anyone please post below

thanks in advance

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Reason its high is because its going to a non standard location. Think about costs to a freight company going from Sydney to Newcastle to deliver one item...

I use Fastway, not sure if they go out there though.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
check out pack and send i priced getting some wheels shipped from them, their prices for the average person were on par withour work account price through vicfast. pretty good.

you may have to drop it off at a nearby depot, and possibly have the receiver pick it up at a nearby depot. can make things a lot cheaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Pack and send were useless for me, they wanted like 500 bucks to send those heads I got from Brisbane. In the end VS Pete helped me out ALOT by sending them with TNT I wasn't able to find any frieght company that would send them tho because you needed an account etc etc it was one big giant pain in the ass. I got quoted anywhere from 300 to over 1000 and in the end with TNT it was 130. But seriously for 1000 bucks I could have taken myself and my wife on a flight to Brisbane, had a holiday, got the heads and taken one home each as personal luggage and still come out in miles in front. I really don't understand how those guys are in buisness?, somehow I don't think they will survive the bad times charging like that

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
+ 1 for pack and send, have freighted various engine parts and seat foams with them they had the most reasonable prices and they were great to deal with.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Pack and send were useless for me, they wanted like 500 bucks to send those heads I got from Brisbane. In the end VS Pete helped me out ALOT by sending them with TNT I wasn't able to find any frieght company that would send them tho because you needed an account etc etc it was one big giant pain in the ass. I got quoted anywhere from 300 to over 1000 and in the end with TNT it was 130. But seriously for 1000 bucks I could have taken myself and my wife on a flight to Brisbane, had a holiday, got the heads and taken one home each as personal luggage and still come out in miles in front. I really don't understand how those guys are in buisness?, somehow I don't think they will survive the bad times charging like that

lol, how wont they survive, will people magically stop sending things? Many businesses do not care how much items cost to send as it is an expense that is charged to a customer anyway. Fact is though, these companies aren't there for individuals, hence why they charge so much more, they are there for businesses who hold contracts with them and making steady income.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
But really who can afford 1000 bucks to send something so small, You really would be better off employing some kid to fly around just to go pick up your stuff for you :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
But really who can afford 1000 bucks to send something so small, You really would be better off employing some kid to fly around just to go pick up your stuff for you :)

Customers who use the service frequently wont pay anywhere near that. Every company I have ever been involved in with logistics has the same policy, one price for customers, one price for ring ins.

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
pack and send wanted 440 to deliver

i also tryed greyhoundfreight and they were 370

the cheapest ive found so far

could drive it down there myself and back for less