Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Recommendations On High Power Handling Tail-Shafts..??

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patent Pending 1995 VR Series II V6 Buick
Hi All,

Just Need A Recommendation On Where The Best Place Is To Buy A High Power Handling Tail-Shaft For A VRII In Sydney... My VRII Buick Keeps Spitting Out The Tail-Shaft All The Time... Replaced A Few...

Cheers..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, a stock VR with plugs and leads doesn't have enough power to spit out drive shafts unless they are completely stuffed (from high mileage) or they weren't fitted correctly to begin with. (ohh and a high flow air filter, forgot about that one)

a stock drive shaft can easily cope double the power of a stock engine.

off course, you could design and patent a high HP drive shaft yourself because that is what you do isn't it, a performance patent designer?

If you could give us a little more info for the reason of the failures we may be able to help you prevent it from happening again.

Last edited:

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, a stock VR with plugs and leads doesn't have enough power to spit out drive shafts unless they are completely stuffed (from high mileage) or they weren't fitted correctly to begin with. (ohh and a high flow air filter, forgot about that one)

>>(Or It Has That Much Torque, It Kicks The Tail Shaft Out With High Centrifugal Force & Damages The Uni-Joints...)<<

>>(BTW, I Never Had Even Mentioned On A Totally Different Post, That My VN Had A High Flow Air Filter... Get Your Facts Right!!.. I Said Manufactures, HAVE Proven To Get 15-20kw, With 9mm Pro Leads, Bosch Super 4 Plugs & A High Flow Air Filter... ?????)<<

>>(You Know Shite All & Keep Commenting On All My Posts... What's Your Deal...??)<<

a stock drive shaft can easily cope double the power of a stock engine. >>(My VRII ISN'T Stock.. Far From It!!)<<

off course, you could design and patent a high HP drive shaft yourself because that is what you do isn't it, a performance patent designer?

>>(Being A Patent Desinger, DOESN'T Mean I Have ALL The Necessary Tools & Equipment To Make Everything...)<<

If you could give us a little more info for the reason of the failures we may be able to help you prevent it from happening again.

>>(Again The VR ISN'T Stock & Post Clearly States The Problem I'm Having...)<<

If My VR Can Beat WRX Sti's In The Wet & Even Beat Jap Bikes, It's CLEARLY Saying It's NOT Stock... Get A Clue Will You...
You Lose More Than 25% Of Your Car Power & Traction To Friction & I've Overcome That Problem... Learn A Few Things & THEN You Have The Right To Talk "Immortality"... Your Comments ARE Ludicrous..

Last edited:

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone Else With A Genuine Comment...?? Immortality, IS Just Being A Total D!ck & Has A Grudge Or Something... No Life Even..

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
where is it acuity spitting the shaft, is it snapping or braking bolts? the description is vague and realy i sorta agree with immortality ive seen some big power cars and never seen them spit tail shafts also is it Manuel or auto.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
What power is it producing so we can better recommend a suitable tailshaft place...?

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
The VR Was Producing OVER 345+Bhp At Wheels (Hard To Say At The Moment, With New Mods Being Installed (MY New Forced Induction Kit)) VR IS Blowing Differentials & Transmission's All The Time & IS Literally Spitting The Tail-Shaft Out The Back Of The Transmission Under Power... (Tail-Shaft Shortens (Retracts))... From The Tail-Shafts I've Replaced Previously, The Centre Of Them Fail... (Where Rubber Is)

I Can't Believe None Of You Know About This Problem...

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Wow... I think your stay on JC may be quite short.

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Original Join Date ISN'T Sep 2010... I Had To Change My Username After I Forgot My Password & Changed ISP's (E-mail)..

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
ohh multiple accounts hey? You're not commsirac are you?