Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any tuner pro experts

danieljo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 08
Hi guy I have my sisters VT I've done some work to, I've changed the inlet manifold gaskets as the were shagged I also got a service kit for the injectors but I have a feeling I have stuffed one when servicing, I also changed leads and plugs, when the car idles it sound like a tractor almost like it got one cylinder down, so I hooked up 'TUNER PRO' to read what was going on and the only error I could find was the wide band fuel injector volt were way out like up near 40 if that means anything to anybody if any one could shed some light was were to look for an issue please help, if you need more info please ask, also smells very fuely out the back like over fueling one cylinder and no spark?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
They only have narrow band sensors, not wideband unless you've fitted one. It's likely ignition related. Was it okay before you pulled it apart?

D

devilly

sounding like a tractor and smell of fuel.check to see if any injectors have a little pool of fuel at the bottom.

could also be the fuel hose line to metal line on the passenger side i took mine off chopped off 1 cm and put 2 ring clamps on.

sounds like its got a vacuum leak either manifold gasket bolts not tight enough,or bottom of throttle body hoses have sprung a leak.

3 hoses at rear of engine the smallest one could be blocked or need a zippy lock put on it.the other two ring clamps.

when you accelerate and then de -accelerate on idles any change on the sound at all.

have a listen to the rear exhaust see if you can hear anything going on,check colour of smoke.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Throw a node light onto the injectors to confirm pulse. Forget tuning software for electro mechanical fault diagnosis

danieljo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 08
yer was all good before I pulled it apart I've found that injector number 6 is not working

danieljo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 08
I think I have found the problem injector number 6 isn't working I took off the retaining clips and 1 by 1 took the injector plugs off and number 6 was the only 1 that didn't change the idle I even swapped coil packs around to make sure it wasn't that, as for vaccum leaks I recently had this issues on my mums car and made sure all the vaccum hose were new when I put them on thanks for your help guys.
On vaccum leaks in my mums wk statesman when the car is accelerating the vents sometime change from face to window anybody got any ideas?