Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any way to check difference between 2017 ssv and ssv redline?

Roha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Chevy Malibu
Hello, fellow Commodore enthusiasts!!

I tried to search for this topic but couldn't find what I was looking for so decided to start my first post. Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

The question is:

What's the best way to check whether the car I'm buying is a real ssv redline? Let's say the dealer is trying to trick me into selling an ss or ssv as a redline. Is there any way I could visibly check, say the VIN or other parts of the car to see that it's actually a redline???

I've read that the redlines come with 275 tires in the rear. So I thought of taking a tape measure and actually measuring the rear wheels just to make sure! lol.
Also, as far as I know, only the redline comes with brembo brakes?? But what if they took a regular ss or ssv and just added aftermarket brembos?? Would there be any other way to confirm that it is indeed a real ssv redline???

Any thought or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you all~~!!

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Pretty sure they dropped the ssv for 2017. I might be wrong?

2017 redline has brembos, sunroof, Bose audio, ssv embroided on the passenger side dash, 19 inch redline wheels, mylink background is red instead of blue, not sure what else

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes if it’s an MY2017, there was no non-Redline SSV.
If it’s got the gear Monty lists (no Bose or sunroof if wagon), it’s a Redline.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Build plate would have suspension as FE3 for a Redline? FE2 for SS or SSV - well I think that would be the case. There was no SSV in 2017, just SS and SSV Redline, but 2017 SS did get some of 2016 SSV spec (wheels come to mind).

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Hello, fellow Commodore enthusiasts!!

I've read that the redlines come with 275 tires in the rear. So I thought of taking a tape measure and actually measuring the rear wheels just to make sure! lol.

No need for a tape measure as all the info you need on the tyre specs including width is marked on the tyre wall.

Which dealer South Korea is selling you the car?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Get the vin off the dealer & check with Holden. If you could be bothered, getting sold the wrong car and having proof may work out in your favour.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The VIN number will also have a letter "H" at position 10 for the 2017 model. The Sequence number will also be in the L3XXXXX range.

SSV redline will also be a letter 'E' at position 5 but they is shared with SSV and SSV Redline.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
The VIN number will also have a letter "H" at position 10 for the 2017 model. The Sequence number will also be in the L3XXXXX range.

SSV redline will also be a letter 'E' at position 5 but they is shared with SSV and SSV Redline.

Good info, but it doesn't help the OP to clarify if he has a redline over a standard tarted-up SS/SSV. Unless there is a different number/letter in the sequence for a 2017 SS (2017 - no SSV) and a 2017 redline?

Last edited: