Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anybody brought or used these?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
No, no, no.....thats a terrible place to mount them. You want the sound to come from in front of you......and especially not a place thats near your ear.

Not even a $1000 set of speakers will sound good with the tweeter mounted there mate ;)

Dont take offence or anything.....just some friendly advice :thumbsup:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
so you reckon it's just the tweeter placement, ?? what about putting the tweeter's on those sections where the side mirrors are....

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Much better location...also make sure the tweeter adjustment on the crossover is at minimum (be it -3db or -6db) as the tweeter will be closer to you than the woofer will be, so you wanna compensate for that a little.

But i dont know, maybe you like your music with more treble? just have a play with those settings and the ones on your head-unit too ;)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'll give it a go, and see how it sounds. I was just thinking i was shifting the front stage back a little, because i also have type S 4's up in the dash....

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I'd disconnect the 4"s in the dash so you can hear just the splits for the time being.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i had everything disconected, so i was just playing the splits, i'll have another look tommorow, and move the tweeters around, it may just need some fine tuning, or some more power!!:D

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Sony, 60 x 2 to the splits,I have seperate amp for the sub, and seperate 4 channel, for the top front and rears...