Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anybody brought or used these?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, i brought these Sony Split's,XS-D170SI, without listening to them (yeah stupid i know) i ordered them online, because i was getting a good deal on them, retail is $269 at Ryda -$299 Strathfield. I didnt bother hunting down a set in a store to listen to because i figured for the money they were worth, they couldnt be that bad, well, THEY ARE !!

I don't know if im not tuning them properly or something, I'm giving them each 60 RMS as there rated, and honestly they sound like **** !! Has anyone had these before, or heard them, and yes they are genuine items, not fakes, they were purchased directy through Sony.

I've spoken to Sony, and all they could come up with, was that my expectations of the speakers themselves, was too high, and that i was most likely pushing them too hard, and that they're more of a sound quality speaker, hence it's lower RMS rating.....:wax:

Attachments

• XS-D170SI.jpg
    XS-D170SI.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 237

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
How have you got them installed? Is the mounting location solid?

For that sort of money i would hope they sound better than the Response kevlar splits and similar to the other brand-name splits (Pioneer, Alpine etc) in the same price range.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah there fitted properly, Front doors, angled firberglass spacer, tweeter's are just above the where the seatbelt comes out....

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
For that sort of money i would hope they sound better than the Response kevlar splits and similar to the other brand-name splits (Pioneer, Alpine etc) in the same price range.[/QUOTE]

That's what i thought, which is why i didnt think it was nessacary to hear them first, i asked a guy at Ryda, he said their's better Splits on the market for that price, ad that they wouldnt have been one of his reccomendations...

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
what, the tweeters are mounted on the B pillar behind the front seats?

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
what do you mean when you say near where there seatbelt comes out?

Still, it dosent matter that much....if youre really not happy with them either sell or use them as rear fill ;)