Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anybody notice somthing fishy with whincups pace?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
the last few years fords have dominated and its about time i say.thats my opinion tho.

The last few years? You mean last year.

I did also notice that this new FG Falcon has a lot of go to it. First race of the season lets not get our knickers in a knot, hopefully Clipsal was just a teething race, well see this weekend at Albert Park, see what testing the Holdens can do.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Lol @ holden versus ford. Anybody who takes that rivalry seriously these days is kidding themselves.

Bring back the days of Dick Johnson in his true blue XD and Brock in the VC. THAT was Holden versus Ford.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I thought I might make the effort to watch a race for the first time in years and years but I ended up going outside after a few laps. Although I believe Group C was epic and Group A wasn't too bad at all even the Supercar Formula was fine from the early to mid 90s but it's well and truely stuffed now. I don't think it can last much longer without a massive change. I don't know anyone that's interested in it or watches it anymore. It would be nice to see cars that at least ran a factory body or hey even a something more than a door handle.

As for Ford vs Holden and real cars, you only need to look at the qualifying for the production car race at Bathurst to see that the VE's (and even the VY) (and even the sport wagon) is massivly faster than anything Ford have right now around a proper circuit

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
all cars are using e85, its the only gas there allowed to use this year, my point is that seeing as team vodafone did the official testing of the gas they could have an advantage of knowing more about what it can do and be faster, im not saying anything about what is better ford or holden im simply saying that the team vodafone cars had blistering pace, so much more than any holden OR FORD team, they were very very quick.

i didnt start this thread to get into the whole ford and holden argument because the v8 supercars are pretymuch exactly the same, theres not much differance between ford and holden - even more so now with project blueprint

so how was it that with in 1-2 laps after a safty car whincup (and in the first race lownds) were managing to pull away a 2-3 second lead? surly that strikes you as a bit odd concidering what i just said, the cars are very very similer, only the setups change and theres no was team vodafone could have a perfect setup for there first race in that car

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
I thought I might make the effort to watch a race for the first time in years and years but I ended up going outside after a few laps. Although I believe Group C was epic and Group A wasn't too bad at all even the Supercar Formula was fine from the early to mid 90s but it's well and truely stuffed now. I don't think it can last much longer without a massive change. I don't know anyone that's interested in it or watches it anymore. It would be nice to see cars that at least ran a factory body or hey even a something more than a door handle.

As for Ford vs Holden and real cars, you only need to look at the qualifying for the production car race at Bathurst to see that the VE's (and even the VY) (and even the sport wagon) is massivly faster than anything Ford have right now around a proper circuit

i agree!! if you want to get into the holden vs ford argument you have to watch PRODUCTION CARS NOT V8 SUPERCARS

and in that case holden wins hands down

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
At Bathurst last year there was no e85 yet Lowndes pulled away to a good 5 second lead before the end of a lap after a safety car. I think it's more management than pace that does it. If you manage your pit stops successfully and know your fuel consumption and tyre wear rates you can push the car harder.

Using Bathurst as another example, Winterbottom was the fastest car out there towards the end of the race but he used his tyres up and was soon going backwards. If Richards had have driven a bit faster he wouldn't have lost so many positions for Frosty to make up...( or was that the other way around?)

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
i see the points made here on the e85 fuel but did any one notice HRT team did have the money down the straight they only struggled with the hard braking and turn in. I dont want to cause any trouble i am a hrt fan myself but i did think the HRT cars were quicker but couldnt get there due to the technical bit with the adelaide track being the money and team vodafone did well with that setup.

Cheers

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Either way, it's happened.

Holden dominated for YEARS.

It's Fords turn now.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
They are better drivers. Remember when HRT won like 5 years in a row? its just a cycle.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Exactly. Skaife dominated with HRT for years. Then Ambrose did. It's a cycle. It'll happen.