Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone a plumber??? Got a water leak

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Is anyone on here a plumber?
I just need some advice about a toilet issue. It seems theres is an overflow that leads outside from the toilet by the look it for the main resiviour. I dotn what its usually called but where you push the button anyway.
So i noticed last week that its dripping constantly of late and decided to put a bucket under it anyway its taken a week but it has filled the bucket which is 12lt. So thats quite a fair bit of water that its has wasted.
Now i prefer not to hassle the realestate about fixing this and pretty sure it wouldnt be hard. Im guessing its the float and that it just needs adjusting.
Does that sound about right?

Thanks in advance Pub

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
if your renting definately do not touch it call the real estate. Because if u try to fix it and something else goes wrong yuo will be the paying to get it fixed and may also get you evicted(rarely but can happen)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yep renting theyre selling the house so i dont know how keen they're going to be to fix it but i will mention it to the agent whern he comes round on monday
Thanks for the advice

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
float in the cistern needs adjusting

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
take the top of the cistern off. and check if the float is stuck on anything(jammed against the wall) if it isnt get a flathead screwdriver flush the toilet so it is empty and then adjust it to the fill line buy screwing up or down. u can do it easy just dont force anything