Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone actually gotten away with a speeding ticket?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
I did, 210 km/h in a 100 zone, no court. Police let me off when they seen a work collegue in the back seat with his arm on the front seat. I didnt have to say a word when i stopped at the hospital. Had i waited for the amublance, he would of been dead, it hadnt even dispatched by the time i got to the hospital.

For you kids out there, NEVER reach over a PTO shaft with a rake to shut off the PTO drive.

ok i live under a rock, whats a PTO?

but good on you for going to that length, if i may ask how'd the guy do?

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
ok i live under a rock, whats a PTO?

It's short for "Power Take Off". It's a device that attaches to the gearbox similar to the transfer case on a 4x4 so that the power of the engine is used to drive a variety of impliments. The shaft is what you see coming out the back of tractors going to the impliment on the 3 point harness.

Earlier Toyota Landcruisers could use one of these to drive the winch instead of a 12 volt system if desired.

Early Land Rovers had them as well. In fact, in the 1960s & 70s, the Army (mainly in England) used them on their Land Rovers to hook up to trailers which had a diff, effectively making it a 6 X 6 vehicle.

BFCK97

HOONVG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG 5 speed
havnt got a speeding ticket yet so havnt had to try to get off one.
although i did go past a cop the other night on the freeway in a 60 zone for roadworks (but it was night so obviously there was no roadworks goin on) and was doin 80, saw the cop and braked, he didnt chase me so i guess he was just passing time.

also on a side note pto shafts are dangerous, i remember when i was a bit younger and lived in north west vic we had a young kid come to the local pub to talk about farm safety, he was off a dairy farm somewhere and he had been sucked round a pto shaft and was lucky to survive, poor little bugger was covered in scars n stuff. they really are dangerous, if i am working with an un-guarded pto i wont go within a metre or 2 of it when it is operating just because i know how dangerous they are

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
got the withdrawl letter back today actually, sent in a letter saying how long its been since i had a fine & admitted i was speeding etc & how it was out of character & ive been a good boy, blah blah blah, fine withdrawn with a warning.

Rob

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
but good on you for going to that length, if i may ask how'd the guy do?

he lost his arm, but survived, it was only by pure laziness on my behalf that i found him, instead of working, i was rallying around the farm :p

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Nomad, cheers, i knew of those systems but didnt know the name

Minux, poor bugger, whacking off will never feel the same for that guy :/

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
HOW WILL HE OPEN A STUBBY BY HIMSELF!:cry:

Probably the same way a bloke I know a couple of towns away who has one arm. Holds it between his thighs then twists the top off with his one hand.
This bloke even smokes rollies, rolling them one handed & then lighting them with a match. He holds the matchbox under his chin to strike the match. I asked him once why he didn't use a lighter, & he said he's been doing it the way he does for over 40 years & couldn't see any reason changing now.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Years back I went through a RADAR Trap doin 178Km/h they chased me for 5k but I pulled over. They reckon I was doin over 200Km/h.

The Copper was really pissed off at me. Back in those days they use to hold up a sign that said stop! Well err, when a car goes past you at about 178 and you are only about a metre off the road the um sign sort of gets blown out of your hands. This happened to the Policeman so that when they caught me they gave me a good slappin.:whistling

So they should of too:D

Made the Bathurst news and still have the clippin.:thumbsup:
Ahh those were the days! (1979)

I'm a reformed driver now:) Haven't had a speeding ticket for years and years and think back sometimes to when I was younger and what would of happended if I had of hit some poor bugger on the freeway:(