Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone actually gotten away with a speeding ticket?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Has anyone actually fronted up to court and had a fine quashed? I'm not talking about saying something cute to the copper and he just throws it in the bin..

Anyone gotten out of one? Could be for anything, pregnant wife in the back, whatever..

Slightly off topic, but I know someone who got out of a red light ticket because they stopped in the middle of an intersection for an ambo..

Anything like that or whatever..

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
Slightly off topic, but I know someone who got out of a red light ticket because they stopped in the middle of an intersection for an ambo..

even more off-topic, I have actually heard (well, urban myths maybe) of people getting insurance covered, paid for and no excess, when cause damage to their vehicle by avoiding a ambo, firey or police... ie: jumping a kerbs, scraping close to other cars etc etc etc...)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Has anyone actually fronted up to court and had a fine quashed? I'm not talking about saying something cute to the copper and he just throws it in the bin..

Anyone gotten out of one? Could be for anything, pregnant wife in the back, whatever..

I did, 210 km/h in a 100 zone, no court. Police let me off when they seen a work collegue in the back seat with his arm on the front seat. I didnt have to say a word when i stopped at the hospital. Had i waited for the amublance, he would of been dead, it hadnt even dispatched by the time i got to the hospital.

For you kids out there, NEVER reach over a PTO shaft with a rake to shut off the PTO drive.

VT-Telly

Feel My Wrath!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Well this isn't about a speeding ticket - but I know of a guy who got off a traffic ticket because the copper wrote on the ticket that he run an orange light, and the light was amber (ok same colour I know) but it actually held up in court and he got off!

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
For you kids out there, NEVER reach over a PTO shaft with a rake to shut off the PTO drive.

In fact, never go near a PTO shaft without proper guards on them, and if they, God forbid, don't have guards. Be very careful if you simply cannot avoid them... Being a farmer, I've heard of some nasty accidents, and being some 300-400 kays away from Perth, hospital service isn't exactly all that great either. Thank God for the Royal Flying Doctor's though, they are a bunch of hero's!:)

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
my dad drove his car down a hwy and was done for speeding on the way to selling his car. once sold, the new owner drove along the same hwy and got done for speeding. my dad got both fines, went to court and argued that he had sold the car after the first offence and in before the second. he won, new owner got the second fine.

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
When I was on my p's I lost all my points from speeding tickets but went to court and got my licence back with all 4 points back than lost them then went to court and got a 12 month 2 point probation and that was before they brought the probation in then lost those points and went back to court and got another 12 month 2 point probation

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
When I was on my p's I lost all my points from speeding tickets but went to court and got my licence back with all 4 points back than lost them then went to court and got a 12 month 2 point probation and that was before they brought the probation in then lost those points and went back to court and got another 12 month 2 point probation

lol sounds like you and the courts both dont learn from the first time.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
I can't remember what a speeding ticket even looks like. I've only ever had the one for going over the limit by 6 kph & that was 32 years ago.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
this guy i was dragging got done doin the same speed as me (140ish in an 80 zone) mine had 2 diff dates on it cuz it was just after midnite.. the cop stuffed up my mates year thou (put 2008) and my mate got out of losing his license and the fine... i thought it sucked ass cuz it didnt work for me cuz the dates didnt match, but now hes my chauffeur! lol