Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone actually seen a VE in the flesh?

M

MrCanno

Hi guys.
I'm new here and I love Holdens!

In answer to my question, has anyone ACTUALLY seen it in real life?
I have and I can tell ya it is one nice looking car!
Now some say its based on this and that, but it is really based around the VZ and VY with a little bit of TT36 Torana influence. For all those people who think its ugly, its not, even with the bagging and stickers it still looks beautiful!

All those photoshopped pics from previous threads are done by the guys in MOTOR/WHEELS are good and give you a good idea but its better in real life.
There isn't much difference to the current VY and VZ's (just think fatter lips that poke out over the front and rear wheels and slightly squished VZ/VY tailights).

You'll like trust me!

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
My brother had a VE in 1981. Big lumbering beast with a 265 Hemi and 4spd.
Comfy and relatively quick but scary because he was/is such a bad driver.
So yes I've seen one.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Why don't you post some of the latest goss on the VE? No one is these days, kinda sucks.. you people are so scared of Holdens but what are they going to do, they'll never catch you :p

V

VX_KN079

The VE is NOT AT ALL BASED on the VT-VZ platform. It is a completely new platform (based on the GM global Zeta platform).

So sorry MrCanno, you are wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Holden, sorry I thought we were talking Valiants.

M

MrCanno

VX_KN079 said:
The VE is NOT AT ALL BASED on the VT-VZ platform. It is a completely new platform (based on the GM global Zeta platform).

So sorry MrCanno, you are wrong...

Sorry guys! :( That is just what I thought when I saw it.

I haven't got any proof because I don't wanna say where and how. Sounds kinda fake I know but oh well. Sorry for any confusion/anger I may have caused :(

I just wrote this thread because people were wondering whether or not they were going to like the new VE. I do and i hope you guys will too!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
MrCanno said:
Sorry guys! :( That is just what I thought when I saw it.

I haven't got any proof because I don't wanna say where and how. Sounds kinda fake I know but oh well. Sorry for any confusion/anger I may have caused :(

I just wrote this thread because people were wondering whether or not they were going to like the new VE. I do and i hope you guys will too!

Don't take it too hard mate, I don't think he realises you're only talking about the physical looks of it, not what's underneith eh! :D

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yeh well its kinda hard to beleive any one these days when they come up with some **** like this. and all the other pictures. its obvious that if holden are secretive about the ve. wrapping it up in black **** etc. then i doubt there are just goin to be pictures of it flying about. its kinda annoying how many threads are in here that are just a load of crap from ppl claiming to have THE REAL PICTURES. cos they dont. and they know it.

Mrcanno. good claim. im sure i wil like it. but i think your dreaming. whats ur name and position at holden?

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Do u work at holdens? pretty much all production workers have seen it complete. I havnt cos im at TAFE but know a couple of guys who saw it at a factory meeting. They said it reminded them of a cross between Audi and BMW. That sort of style.