Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone actually seen a VE in the flesh?

V

VX_KN079

Since European cars are so popular at the moment it's not really all that surprising that Holden are taking styling queues from Europe. Now if the build quality starts to match up to European standards we'll have a REAL winner on our hands in the form of the VE...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
A mate of mine who's an apprentice mechanic at holden said that he had seen one and it looked like a big vectra. Isn't it a bit of a coinkydink that holden drops the vectra from the model line up?

H

heat1

VE specks

The new VE has exploded a debat about using a generic floor pan for V8 Supercar racing as the floor pan of the new VE does not fit within the guidlines set by the governing body. Funny thing is the floor pan on the lattest ford is out by 70mm anyhow. If The governing body doesnt give. holden will have to race the old body. So there is a little bit on how its going to change in looks compared to the 2006 model. There must be some photos and people that have seen the unite but the camo they use on the cars to stop photos is quite good but even so it is nothing to change external bodywork as we have seen for the last 8 years plus for holden and the last 20 years for ford as the latest BA still looks in general shape the same as the late eighties ford EA. underneath(floorpan absolutely different)

H

heat1

Whatthe?

Mike215 said:
A mate of mine who's an apprentice mechanic at holden said that he had seen one and it looked like a big vectra. Isn't it a bit of a coinkydink that holden drops the vectra from the model line up?
What the hell is coinkydink?:confused:

V

VZSV6

VX_KN079 said:
Since European cars are so popular at the moment it's not really all that surprising that Holden are taking styling queues from Europe. Now if the build quality starts to match up to European standards we'll have a REAL winner on our hands in the form of the VE...
actually canno wa right it is based on the vz, it just semms with a few extrerior mods, but that must leave the engine.

H

heat1

based on VZ

VZSV6 said:
actually canno wa right it is based on the vz, it just semms with a few extrerior mods, but that must leave the engine.
:eek: :eek: Were do you get your info from?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
The VE is a whole new car, it's not based on a 1994 Opel Omega like the VT - VZ, it's a whole new car!

M

MrCanno

VLACS said:
yeh well its kinda hard to beleive any one these days when they come up with some **** like this. and all the other pictures. its obvious that if holden are secretive about the ve. wrapping it up in black **** etc. then i doubt there are just goin to be pictures of it flying about. its kinda annoying how many threads are in here that are just a load of crap from ppl claiming to have THE REAL PICTURES. cos they dont. and they know it.

Mrcanno. good claim. im sure i wil like it. but i think your dreaming. whats ur name and position at holden?

Sorry guys don't work at holden! Wish I did though!
I've just seen it when I ain't supposed to, I'll leave it at that!

And it is kinda like an Audi/BMW in a weird sort of way.

V

VX_KN079

VZSV6 said:

You're on drugs! The VE is new from the ground up!!! That is info released by Holden to the public too, not speculation. It's a completely new platform...

[

Last edited by a moderator: