Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone actually seen a VE in the flesh?

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
VX_KN079 said:
You're on drugs! The VE is new from the ground up!!! That is info released by Holden to the public too, not speculation. It's a completely new platform...

VX_KN079 said:
People saying the Zeta platform is ALL NEW are simply flat out WRONG. It has been... I'm not touching that argument again...

So which one is it? new or not? are you capable of making up your mind?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
shiatan said:
VX_KN079 said:
You're on drugs! The VE is new from the ground up!!! That is info released by Holden to the public too, not speculation. It's a completely new platform...

VX_KN079 said:
People saying the Zeta platform is ALL NEW are simply flat out WRONG. It has been... I'm not touching that argument again...

You burned him, boy!

V

VX_KN079

shiatan said:

You don't actually understand do you?

The VE Commodore is new from the ground up. As in, a completely new Commodore. NOT based on the previous model like the VZ, VY and VX were.

The Zeta platform the ALL NEW Commodore is using HAS been used before.

I am making two distinctly different points here. READ WHAT IT WRITTEN PROPERLY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
buddyforu said:
So, where has Zeta been used before VX_KN079?

*waits patiently*

Cadillac has a car out using the zeta platform. VX_KN079 is right. The ZETA platform has had engineering input from global GM companies, because it's has been and is going to be the platform for a lot of cars, keeping costs down, and also creating better engineering opportunities (more people involved = more ideas = better chances of better ideas).

V

VX_KN079

Yup... It has also already been used in Europe.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Thought I'd have a look, just out of interest. I didn't expect what I found.

From all accounts(100+ websites, enter GM Zeta or just Zeta) the Zeta platform will not be used in any European car .
Opel were considering importing the VE Commodore but have decided against it. The Opel Insignia was canned before release. Opel have ruled out using the platform as it is considered too big for Europe.
SAAB is a no go until 2007/8 at least as they are currently researching building their car in China or Korea but are unsure if they will use the Zeta platform at all. SAABs are currently FWD.

Cadillacs are using the Sigma platform until 2008 and have not used the Zeta at all.
Chevrolet have used the platform only in three concept cars. The Camaro planned using the Zeta platform was canned but has been reinstated for release in 2008.

GM (North America) considers the Zeta to be far more expensive than originally planned and will use the Omega platform into 2007 at least.
The resurrection of Buick has been put on hold due to the above decision.

Interesting two hours of reading.

one link of many
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060116/FREE/60116001/1024/LATESTNEWS

GM revived its rwd plans late last summer after halting efforts to develop North American vehicles on Zeta last winter. Last winter, GM executives said that the initial plan for the Zeta vehicles was not workable but pledged to develop a new strategy.

Possible Zeta vehicles included the Buick Velite concept, Pontiac GTO and Impala.

Stefanyshyn would not reveal the entire lineup under consideration but said the next-generation Impala "is a possibility."

GM's styling studio has prepared both rear- and front-drive versions of the next Impala, according to an industry source who did not want to be identified.

The engineering of the new group of vehicles will be handled by GM's Holden subsidiary in Australia, which built the Holden Monaro that is the basis for the current Pontiac GTO.

The architecture will debut in the second half of this year on a redesigned Holden model. GM also is considering a rwd model for China.

Ok one more: http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=14076&ref=archive

V

VX_KN079

shiatan said:
beat me to it

Beat you to what? Making yourslef look stupid? How many times do I need to prove you wrong...

Bottom line: BRAND NEW COMMODORE FROM THE GROUND UP. ZETA HAS BEEN USED BEFORE IN BOTH EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA.

I don't give a **** that someone can't find information about it online... And just because it's a concept car doesn't make my statement wrong. ZETA HAS BEEN USED BEFORE!!!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
VX_KN079 said:
ZETA HAS BEEN USED BEFORE IN BOTH EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA.

I have just one question and this is the question of all questions.. which car in north america has used Zeta platform?