Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone been defected for no engine cover?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Well, it seems pretty popular now for many of us to remove our Ecotec engine covers and polish the intake manifold (plenum).
I've been told by a guy at work and have also read on this forum more than once that removal of the engine cover is defectable.
OK, so, have any of you members been defected for it? Or been warned by the cops to put it back on?

We know that these covers only trap heat and many of us prefer the polished plenum look.
Not really asking for opinions, just whether you have been or know of someone that has recieved a defect.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Cops will defect you if they want to defect you... You could have a showroom car and still get defected because the officer is in a bad mood.

VY's and anything else with an Ecotec for that matter is now old enough to have a bunch of things able to be picked on... Bushes, wiper blades, leaks... the list is endless...
Don't drive like a twat in a mangged 6 and you should be fine.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Ahk I've never heard of being defected for no engine cover. But as Ben said if they wanna get you they will :s

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yes I know if they wanna get you they will, My question is "Has anyone BEEN defected?"
And if so, was that the only defect or one of a long list of other things. My VY has virtually nothing defectable, so I want to know if the cops really ARE defecting this no engine cover rubbish.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I fail to see under what criteria they would class the vehicle for being defective for having no dress cover on it. It's not a kevlar blast shield :s

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I fail to see under what criteria they would class the vehicle for being defective for having no dress cover on it. It's not a kevlar blast shield :s

Apparenly it's to do with fire; if a fuel line let go under the cover then the cover would stop fuel spraying through the engine bay, or some **** like that. Whatever the reasons are, I've heard/read that it's a defectable "mod" LOL.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Apparenly it's to do with fire; if a fuel line let go under the cover then the cover would stop fuel spraying through the engine bay, or some **** like that. Whatever the reasons are, I've heard/read that it's a defectable "mod" LOL.

I could be really wrong here, so please correct me people... however, I would love to see where, in any state, the "RULE" that the above relates to.

Unfortunately bacon will always find something to defect you if they really want to... it's just bad luck if you come across a carnt like that. :upyours:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the police want to hassle you over trivial things like an engine cover not being fitted,then just let the coppers do what they like at the time,then choose to take it to court and argue it out there instead.Ive seen a fair few coppers go as weak as water once they are up in court trying to argue their case,so you stand a better chance of beating or getting the fine or defect overturned..I look at it this way because it doesnt matter what you say to the coppers at the time of the fine/defect,they will still fine/defect you no matter what,it might just be because you are a p plater,or maybe they just dont like the look of you or whatever,it doesnt really matter,but usually you wont change their mind if they are set on giving you a defect or fining you,so just take it to court.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
uhh, i really dont think you can get defected for it. i have a factory LPG VE alloytec and the engine covers dont fit....

Demoniak

Like a pig in kaakaa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE 6.0 SS Ute, 02 VX II SS Sedan
a brand new wrx can be defected due to its kit.

Cops can be tards if they have had to deal with tards a lot.
Some cops are also just tools.. especially traffic cops