Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone bought a car from fowles auction group?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
nothing a quick detail cannot fix. You will find ex gov ones are better, least they are always serviced. Even though they may get hammered like people at my work do with gov cars. But thats the chance you take. Knock on wood 130,000km later ! no engine or trans failure.

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
I bought my VT Calais supercharged v6 for only $4,300 noting wrong with it when i got it got a road worth no worries.. But it varies as there were standard vt vx's getting passed in at $9.000

opti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I bought mine from there in 2004, and by bro in laws a year later. Both ex Telstra cars. Headlights wont switch off otherwise no dramas. Mine to 17,000 and his a few hundred less for the Super 6. Fowles seems best for Holden and Ford, Pickles better for other brands.

We bought a VT series 2 Acclaim wagon back in 02 from Jupp's, when they were around back then. It was an Ex Telstra vehicle. We found the Telstra cars were in better nick than the Govt cars.
Also to stop your lights from staying on perma, in behind the light switch there is a bulk head plug that connects into the loom that goes to the headlamp switch. In there somewhere, I did it when we first got the car. Just unplug it, from memory. As thatbulkhead goes to some sort of relay, or whatever it is to keep the lights on...

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Bought a few 12mth old Commodores etc from various auctions and have been very happy. Generally I look for accident damage (dodgy repairs etc) and make sure the car is clean inside and out. Being only 12mths old, there is plenty of warrantee left if there are any other dramas (quite rare actually).

As for price - if you are patient you can save thouseands. As long as you aren't too particular on a specific colour etc. I avoided bidding on any cars with a lot of competition and found those cars about 2/3 thru the auction were the best buys. If bidding for a particular car gets too hot, rmember there is always another one coming down the aisle.

Reaper

Thats the key really, my friend lashed out alot of money on a black XR8 because he badly wanted one, had higher kms and was a pig in the end with the problems it had. But he HAD to have a black XR8 and this was the first he found.

Whereas my neighbour just wanted an SS, be it a VX through to VZ, scored a nice VY SS in Purple with less kms for less money then the XR8 in perfect nick because he wasn't too fussy and just kept waiting til one he liked came along.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Bought a 10/'03 VY series 2 sedan from auctions in Qld. Paid $18k reserve on it, had been passed in and I couldn't wait for the next auction at the time. Aged care and disabilities had it and it had 41,000 on the clock. That was three and a half years ago when a dealer wanted more than 21,000 for the same thing here in the Bundaberg area. Couldn't test drive it and had to register it, but it's the best car I've had, came with a bull-bar and phone kit still in it. This is the second car I have bought from these auctions and will buy any future ones here, too. With remainder of new car warranty and a three month statutory warranty, why wouldn't you?