Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone confusing the VE with another car?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The fact that there isn't many on Canberra's roads yet to means that when I see a VE, it sticks out like dogs balls. I think they are very distict. The thing I was a little disapointed about was that a VE HSV Clubsport was coming towards me and not until it got really close was I able to tell it apart from the SS-V...

Are you sure it was a VE Clubby then? They look a hell of a lot different to me. Unless you have an untrained eye when it comes to cars, it is easy to tell the difference.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
The first VE i saw in the flesh, was in a multi-story carpark in Launceston. At first glance, I thought "Hmmmm, new astra" (it was reversed into it's spot) then when i got past it a little and saw it from the side, i then thought, "Oh it's Mistubishi 380"

Then I spotted the flared guards and stuff, and I was all like "Ohhhhhhh!! It's a VE!" So I went over and inspected it. I made sure there was no-one around of course!!

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Are you sure it was a VE Clubby then? They look a hell of a lot different to me. Unless you have an untrained eye when it comes to cars, it is easy to tell the difference.

Yeah it was definitely a Clubsport and I certainly DON'T have an untrained eye when it comes to cars. All I was pointing out, that from a distance and front on you can't really tell the difference between the SSV and HSVs and I think mainly because of how agressive the styling of the whole VE range is. One thing the HSVs always had over the tamer siblings in the past was swags of agression, but now the whole range has it!

Once I got closer I could tell...

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
I get them confused with some BMW's at long distances, but as they get closer I can tell the difference. Is it me or do they seem really big in a way? I was leaving my local shops the other day and a SSV with racing stripes pulled in, felt as if my VS was being shadowed by it.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Ive noticed when you look at them on there own they look kind of small (especially from the back) but when up against another commodore they look huge and they also seem huge while driving them aswell.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
Haha the first VE i saw in the flesh was a white Calais without a spoiler...I walked past and glanced at the rims and thought "why the hell does that 380 have holden rims" glad i didn't say it out loud...mind you after my eyes moved i noticed the extra exhaust pipe etc etc...but yeah at a glance they are similar to so many cars.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Back end of the Omega looks like a 380.

All of them look like Audi's (shape, stance, flares, etc)...

But still, any VE with kit on it looks good.