Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone confusing the VE with another car?

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
I was driving to work this morning and coming towards me was what I thought was a Coupe 4, with the big, absolutelly phat flared guards and ever so low stance. As it passed I relaised it was a VE SV6. All I can say is that the VE looks soooo good! In my opinion the Coupe 4 is one of the best lookin cars around, and me to mistake the VE for one (albeit only from the front, and from a bit of a distance), is, I think, a very good sign! I still can't get over how low and wide the stance of the VE is, even though it's really quite tall! Has anyone else confused a VE with anythin else? And is that a good thing or a bad thing?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I mistook the new toyota for a VE earlier today...have to look at new beemers twice to check also

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
ive mistaken a ve omega for a 380
arse ends look about the same on both of em

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
I wouldnt say ive mistaken it for a VE, but in the Mazda 6's you can see alot of the VE in them..... to me anyway

Its reassuring to know that I am not the only one who sees that!

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
same i thought that a bit when i first saw them. Sometimes you can see different cars in them but at the same time it looks very unique. Wierd I know.

mongoose3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I keep looking at new VZ's from a distance and quickly wondering if it is VE. But when I don't see those flared gaurds I realise it's a VZ. I have also noticed that Audi A4's are so similar in styling that when I see one side on I almsot think I am looking at VE. The styling of the A4 and VE really are very similar. And, unfortunately (to my shame), I did see a VE from a distance and dismiss it as a BF until it got closer. The thing is, I just have not seen that many on Canberra roads yet. But, the Holden dealer car yards seem to be full of them.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
it would be funny if the vf and the next gen falcon looked the same.
buy a vf second hand and then find out its a falcon with holden badges. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
The fact that there isn't many on Canberra's roads yet to means that when I see a VE, it sticks out like dogs balls. I think they are very distict. The thing I was a little disapointed about was that a VE HSV Clubsport was coming towards me and not until it got really close was I able to tell it apart from the SS-V...