Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone dissapointed with their W375 Package

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hi Guys
Now as some may remember im a new Holden convert and loving it i might add, also im not unhappy with the car i cant stay out of it. My question though are all you guys who got the W375 package happy with the results? Me im very happy i just thought it would be a bit more Ballistic then it is, now im not saying its slow my car was dynod at 392 HP at the wheels the guys said mine was one of the stronger ones he has had in. Also too mabe its just my perception of whats fast, i ride a BMW S1000RR that can go 0-100 in 2.5 seconds, anything else is pedestrian really. So guys basically really like your opinions on this. Another thing the car has only done 800kms since new, so mabe run in will be better, getting the oil changed in a week as well.

Cheers guys

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
It will free up as it gets more km's under its belt and in summer the tune may have some timing out.

Commodores are petty tall geared which dumbs them down abit so for more violence in the lower gears knock it back a diff ratio or 2. The 4.11 in manual made my ute much more urgent feeling.

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
To be honest LS3 I don't think you'll get the same smack in the face from a cage as you do from a bike. Mikes on the money re: diff gears I reckon, which is why i'll be changing mine at some stage, to make it a bit more amusing to drive. The fastest of my bikes is a zx14r, its cracked a whisker under 200hp at the rear wheel without the nitrous, that's where your high is gonna be mate, launching a cage compared to a bike can be a bit of a yawn compared :)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Try a top fueller? It's all about relativity guys.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I own a Hayabusa and a 400RWHP Twin Turbo VS. 2 different types of power. The bike is head spinningly fast but the torque of the car is amazing. TBH, i prefer the feeling of the car over the bike. The bikes are predictable and made to accelerate and handle. The car is unpredictable and could spin you arse about without warning at any time lol. Makes for more excitement.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Try a top fueller? It's all about relativity guys.

Exactly. I've driven a 530kw (not 430kw) GTS and it felt ballistic the first few times. you then get a bit used to it. It's still terrifyingly fast, but you feel that there should be more.

Driving my SS it now feels like a tortoise :D

These cars can also seem deceptively slow. I've had old school V8's that back 25 to 30 years ago felt super quick, that my SS will actually annihilate in a drag. The SS feels like a slug compared to those cars. it's all about perception

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Exactly. I've driven a 530kw (not 430kw) GTS and it felt ballistic the first few times. you then get a bit used to it. It's still terrifyingly fast, but you feel that there should be more.

Driving my SS it now feels like a tortoise :D

These cars can also seem deceptively slow. I've had old school V8's that back 25 to 30 years ago felt super quick, that my SS will actually annihilate in a drag. The SS feels like a slug compared to those cars. it's all about perception

I agree

As i said guys i dont think its slow, my last car was a stock FG XR6 turbo and this is alot quicker. Ive always had stock cars really and got my buzz from riding Litre bikes at trackdays and taking it to the drags, and i spose when i thought wow first car performance wise 375kw this things gonna fly mabe coming of litre bikes to this my expectations were mabe a bit high. I need to remember as well these cars weigh 1700kg so its got a bit of weight to pull..

Anyway just loving the car, one thing ive noticed is how many numb nuts out there and there driving absolute **** Boxs wanna race me. Man i laugh no one ever noticed my XR6T get a v8 ss and everyone wants a piece of you...