Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone done an insurance claim on a 'lost' package?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Hi all,

Had to send a package over to the US for an RMA, got it insured, sent it and it has been sitting in Chicago for the past 2-3 weeks. I've emailed USPS, no response. Got the company doing the RMA to contact them and were told the package was not insured so they're not going to find it and hung up on them.

I paid $67.91 to send it and $27.10 for insurance as the package was valued at $800.

Anyone got any advice on what to say/do when I go to the post office? I don't think there's much proof I can show other than the receipt I got from sending the package.

Jimmy4321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Insuring packages usually an issue and all insurance operators are willing to work with it, so you better call your insurance agency in advance to make sure your delivery is safe. Or you might find yourself checking for anonymous insurance quotes

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if its sitting there long enough undelivered it will be sent back to u, otherwise get ready to spend then next few weeks/months and hours talking to the post office to make a claim, just stick to it and dont forget about it because they can take a while so u get to the point of not worrying about it and just give up, but thats just my experience