Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got a CPR6 manifold or cammed their SV6?

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
I was wondering if anyone had fitted either a CPR6 manifold and/or cammed their SV6. I'm weighing up whether it's worth the expense and was hoping some SV6 owners who may have fitted either one or both and could share their opinions/thoughts.

From the rough calculations I've done a CPR6 manifold and bigger cams should result in some pretty impressive HP :)

Cheers

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I think the CPR6 manifolds are only for the alloytec.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I think the CPR6 manifolds are only for the alloytec.

which is what he has..
OP I know of 1 member who is going canned but not sure if it is widely known as yet, I'll wait for them to post up.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
The CPR6 cammed ute has got some decent numbers behind it

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Don't forget he is running an after market ECU. And spinning it to over 8500rpm, he has blown his motor a few times. Those cams are really aggressive, unsure how they compare to the Mace cams that are out, but they are upwards of $2500.

However looking at the gains from the CPR6 on his site, they would definitely go good with some cams. That or if you are feeling lucky, you could mod your stock manifold. Impulsivesv6 I think has done this and may be able to shed some light.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
which is what he has..

Incorrect, it says 2010 SIDI in his signature. The direct injection versions of the Alloytec (SIDI) won't be able to utilise the CPR6 unfortunately. Can still give it a good port/heads

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Are the CPR6 manifolds just for non-SIDI Alloytecs? Ahh bugger...that's not what I wanted to hear. I assume clearance is an issue? :( The MACE cams are $2500 you say? Sheesh that's pricey...although there are four, which would ramp up the cost considerably.

Y'know, it's times like these when I ask myself, "Why didn't I just buy a V8?"

Cheers for the replies guys.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
nah dude you have it all wrong, read what I said.

Performance manifolds make their own cams, these are $2500+
Mace cams are considerably cheaper, don't think they are anymore than $1500, but I think they are on special atm. lol

Clearance isn't the issue, the actual lower and upper manifolds are completely different to the SIDI

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
My apologies, I thought the only change was the injector location, and headers.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
nah dude you have it all wrong, read what I said.

Performance manifolds make their own cams, these are $2500+
Mace cams are considerably cheaper, don't think they are anymore than $1500, but I think they are on special atm. lol

Clearance isn't the issue, the actual lower and upper manifolds are completely different to the SIDI

Sorry man, I should have paid more attention..:) cheers for clearing that up. MACE cams are around $1500 eh? Hmmm...how much to get them fitted would you reckon? That's a pretty reasonable price for a set of four lumpy cams. I wonder what the kw/hp increase at the wheels would be? A bloke called jarpsosky (I think that's his name) has some clips of his cammed SV6 on youtube and it sounds as tough as.

Worth considering...that's for sure. :)