Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got a sureflo exhaust on their VE???

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Hi guys just wondering if anyone out on these forums has a sureflo exhaust on their ve?

I had there old catback on my vy ls1. I loved it.
Plan to get a new catback for my ve ute soon. I've heard the new design they have now on the vf/ve ( i have the same engine). Bit too quiet for me.. But I know they can make up differnet rear mufflers for different loudness... so I'm just putting out their if anyone has a sureflo on their ve/vf on here? moreso looking for a catback rather than the headers and cats at the moment.

Their a great bunch of guys out there and would like to see some reports on the new ve system. I just love how they are not barky, very deep with no cackling, and popping. Big fan of the helmholtz resonators they use. Cheers.

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_CBSwwiyAM

This video here maybe be a VF SS but it also suits all VE's aswell.
I've heard this system in person.
It has STOCK Headers, and cats.

It's a very quiet system with maximum full flowing performance. However its quiet.. I'm thinking seriously of going next week to put this in my ute.
Just kinda worried you wont be able to hear the distinct V8 in it.

The question I am asking.

How much Better does an exhaust sound with Extractors and Cats, I like the system, But if it was deeper and more angrier. Id be in love. and would it increase the decibels of the exhaust?

What does everyone think of it ?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You want to get a quiet exhaust but also want to make it deeper and sound angrier? I think you're better off getting an xforce varex system. You'll definitely notice a change in the exhaust note when you install extractors and high flow cats, it'll sound much deeper.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Plan to get a new catback for my ve ute soon. I've heard the new design they have now on the vf/ve ( i have the same engine). Bit too quiet for me..

Is it still louder than stock though? I'm looking at a catback fairly soon and the Sureflo 3" sounds like the go; my worry has been that it would be too loud (I do a lot of long trips with kids in the back). Sounds like I might not have anything to worry about :)

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Is it still louder than stock though? I'm looking at a catback fairly soon and the Sureflo 3" sounds like the go; my worry has been that it would be too loud (I do a lot of long trips with kids in the back). Sounds like I might not have anything to worry about :)

Have a look at the video of the VF SS exhaust they have.. Its REALLY quiet in my books. Almost stock. I dont know where they get the idea it has a v8 note from :/ but correct me if im wrong if you add extractors and cats after that....

I have spoken to the guys down there, and what they are doing for me is just replacing the rear mufflers to smaller size. Its a little louder. Still has the merge. If however you do not want the merge it has more of a beastly v8 sound , Im unsure what it will sound like though.

But trust me. Ive been in the car with the new exhaust. Trust me, no drone , what soever. It would be great to hear it with sureflo headers and 5" wide body 100CPI ballastic racing cats.

I dont know what route i will take its ethier get that system and dont have the merge. Or keep the merge (more torque, gas flow better, no drone) and just replace the rear mufflers they have with something a little smaller... They can design bassically anything. They are great bunch of guys down their and can really vouch for them. I had a 3.5 single system on my vy v8 tonner. It was awesome. Such a deep idle.

The best thing I can describe with sureflo is their systems are seriously deep. No barking, No cackling and popping. I hate it all that ****. It doesn't sound high pitch.
It's really nice crusing around , almost stock. under 2grand , give it a boot and you can seriously hear the v8 type. Their exhausts are not for everyone. I guess you could say its almost
"OLD SCHOOL".
I'm in no hurry to get extractors. I just want a nice sounding catback for the time been.

Have a look at this video on their website.
This is a maloo with their OLD mufflers they had , and it doesn't have a merge. (gives a more meaty sound). The guy loves it. Very quiet and almost stock. It acutally sounds like a valve has opened and the v8 roar comes to life. But except their no trickery. Its completly a dual 3" straight through. Highest performance you will get. Dyno sheets to prove it on their site.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
My 2c.

Try and listen to exhausts in person, not over the internet. As the quality of your speakers and the recording device will reduce/remove the lower Hz frequencies.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore

Isn't that the best reason to have a loud exhaust? Haha