Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got a VZ Cross 8 Crewman? (But now I have one :) )

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pvc pipe through airbox & shroud piece in front of it will do the trick...paint black to match although won't really notice it with top radiator plastic cover on...it makes surprising difference even I was surpried when tried it on vy sv8.

I think vt & maybe vx models had the twin outlets standard issue if want to track down factory pieces.

Reckon should look into old hiding trick put pcm under dash to clean up bay...later on get it tuned maybe tri-y pacies coated then titanium wrapped.

Starting to look 'Babalouie' clean when he did his Hakosuka build thread years ago!!!
I went and looked this particular car up
http://www.zengarage.com.au/2014/01/babalouies-hakosuka/

5A576D9F-6170-4043-8615-A0A46D00422A.jpeg

*My T-Shirt
It really gets me in the feels. I love these cars and I love early Japanese cars. He is right how there is just something about them. They have a soul.

1626515891471.jpeg

*Not ours. This is the insane French guys one.
One of my dream builds would a 1974 Honda Civic. I love these. The front profile is really nice. On the Skylines, it’s those angles around the headlights, the grill and the way the tyres sit at the front. The first Civics had a similar look. We had one as a family car and Dad had it looking the shizz. His brothers were all about tough Fords. He liked Japanese cars and the early Hondas were his thing. S600 and Honda Z. Then the first Civic. He never cared for it enough though. It kind of disappeared after leaving it with someone to paint. The RAAF mechanics dropped a bigger engine in it. I added a Webber to it years later. The one from my Suburu. Same adaptor plate and all. I’ve seen some amazing builds of the 74 Civic. There’s an insane one owned by some French guy.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Great work Fu there is some serious effort going into this, I take my hat off to you.
Thanks for that. :)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
E14CF71F-87DF-43A3-876E-43D32355051C.jpeg

All done. A bit of sun this morning which will be short lived. Much tidier. If you didn’t know any better, you’d think that’s how it always was.

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Keep thinking you were also pf peep & were around when Babs fully documented the hako build & it's history.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
22464D10-7185-4837-8239-A234A55D3B88.jpeg

Got some gold in the post today. It will be one of the last things done.

99B233F1-BF29-4159-881A-99718253F8C2.jpeg

New badges. Gloss black. The front is actually a VF rear Calais badge. 112mm. Perfect fit for VZ owners. Trimmed the tabs off but need to file them down properly to get a nice flush fit. The chrome oneis off the front I have now. They are the same size, but the angle makes them look different.

Rear is standard ute badge. I guess you could put anything on the back though. I’ll be keeping the old badges. I’ll be removing the Crewman badge all together.

I do have to paint the CrossTrac badge on the side rear and the Cross8 badge. They too will be gloss black. However I need better, warmer drier weather to do it. :(

I love a bit of chrome, it’s just on this car, I think black is a nice touch.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where did you get them?
https://ebay.com.au/usr/cjsautoparts

I went of measurement details. They have most badges listed with their measurements. The listing for VZ front doesn’t fit any VZ I’ve seen before. I measured 110mm So I found 112mm VF SS rear was close enough. It will be a perfect fit