Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got an SIDI Car? Whats it like?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I'm just curious to hear from Holden drivers who have driven their SIDI cars. Just wondering if its as good as the holden.com.au website says it is. I'm still far off from purchasing another car yet thought I'd start my research early.

Does it make a big difference to your petrol bill?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i took a base model omega for a drive,

ill sum it up, great sound, great power for a 3.0, for a rental/demo car great economy, guage said 8.7l/100km

the 6sp auto is a hit, the cool thing is it double clutches the downshifts, so say if you go from 2nd to first at 40km/h, it shifts to neutral, gives a hit on the gas to bring the revs up than locks in first gear at the right engine speed, the result, no surge feel as the motor matches the road speed, and an awesome sound from the motor as it blips the throttle,

cant wait to get my hands on a 210kw version, the 190kw 3.0 is comparable if not a lil better than the 3.6L port injected motor

seems they have revised the rear suspension tuning a lil bit too, the rear end isnt as floaty feeling as they normally do

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
^^^Well i know my Dad will be looking forward to his SV6 sportswagon!

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
They are a pretty good standard motor. Apparantly the 3.6 SIDI puts out 170rwkw.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Good review thanks! Please keep them coming everyone :)

Has anyone seen how many KM to a tank? Holden.com.au says over 700km but you never know.

ill sum it up, great sound, great power for a 3.0, for a rental/demo car great economy, guage said 8.7l/100km

the 6sp auto is a hit, the cool thing is it double clutches the downshifts, so say if you go from 2nd to first at 40km/h, it shifts to neutral, gives a hit on the gas to bring the revs up than locks in first gear at the right engine speed, the result, no surge feel as the motor matches the road speed, and an awesome sound from the motor as it blips the throttle,

cant wait to get my hands on a 210kw version, the 190kw 3.0 is comparable if not a lil better than the 3.6L port injected motor

seems they have revised the rear suspension tuning a lil bit too, the rear end isnt as floaty feeling as they normally do

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
^^^Well i know my Dad will be looking forward to his SV6 sportswagon!

In a couple of years time, I might look at the WM Statesman/Caprice. They only just now came out with the SIDI but in 1.5 - 2 years time, they should be available on the used car market for hopefully around what the current 07/08 models are now.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Good review thanks! Please keep them coming everyone :)

Has anyone seen how many KM to a tank? Holden.com.au says over 700km but you never know.

we have heaps of the 3.6L at work (rental car co) when they come back ill have a squiz at the odo readings :)

but i rekon ive only seen them average in between 9.5 -11 L/100km.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I'm just curious to hear from Holden drivers who have driven their SIDI cars. Just wondering if its as good as the holden.com.au website says it is. I'm still far off from purchasing another car yet thought I'd start my research early.

Does it make a big difference to your petrol bill?

Lovin it!

Don't expect V8 power- because they arent V8 :).
But for what I bought it for (economy of 4cyl, but big car space), it ticks all the bxes.

My other car is a Subaru Forester (non turbo). The 3L SIDI runs rings around it... new Forester quoted at 9.6L/100km and seems much more, but the 9.3L/100km on the SIDI is bang on.

Majestic 36

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VL

By the sounds of it, would be a nice car to drive with still plenty of power.

Sharpie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp S1 Exec
Lovin it!

Don't expect V8 power- because they arent V8 :).
But for what I bought it for (economy of 4cyl, but big car space), it ticks all the bxes.

My other car is a Subaru Forester (non turbo). The 3L SIDI runs rings around it... new Forester quoted at 9.6L/100km and seems much more, but the 9.3L/100km on the SIDI is bang on.

You forgot to mention that the forester is all wheel drive so consumption will be up, a lot safer too :banstick: & the resale value of that Commodore will be peanuts compared to that of the Forester.

Cheers Steve Sti Melbourne