Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got an SIDI Car? Whats it like?

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
id love to see a sidi 3.6 vs a standard injection 3.6 on the dyno, just to see where the gains are?
and btw, the figures on that dyno sheet are wierd as....

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
You forgot to mention that the forester is all wheel drive so consumption will be up, a lot safer too :banstick: & the resale value of that Commodore will be peanuts compared to that of the Forester.

Cheers Steve Sti Melbourne

Safer??! I was curious on that, so I just looked it up!

Both have 5 star Ancap, ASM, ABS, Traction control etc.
And whilst the Forester scores slightly better (just), they are a different class of car- so the Commodore still safer! A 5 star Ancap Ford Fiesta isnt as safe as a 5 star bigger car. The ratings are only comparable to cars in the same class. Typically, safety has a direct relation to a vehicles mass... so for example a Fiesta and a Commodore (both 5 star) having a head on WOULD NOT be equal. Accordingly, the Commodore fits into the large car category and weighs a few hundred k's more than the Forester- which is in the SUV category (Rav 4's etc).

As such, Commodore is definitely much safer than the Subaru... they are different class.

But out of interest, results are:

33.45 for the Commodore out of 37
34.31 for the Forester out of 37

Commodore bad part summary: There was a slight risk of serious chest and lower leg injury for the driver

Forester bad part summary: Protection from serious lower leg injury was marginal for the driver.

Offset crash result 13.45 vs 14.31 is what makes the difference in the final scores... otherwise all other tests exactly the same result.

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
approx 450 - 500

WHAT ?!?!?!
An SIDI with a full tank only 450-500km?

Hahahahahaha..... try at least 700km, and that's leaving juice in the tank. The most I've got by taking down to 'very low fuel' warning is 760 something. But she was at a level lower than what would be considered comfortable ;).

Normal tank from full gets in the 700's every time. Certainly not 450 :).

Edited: just noticed you said in traffic, sorry. My run isn't start/stop sydney traffic, hence the difference ;).

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Hahahahahaha..... try at least 700km, and that's leaving juice in the tank. The most I've got by taking down to 'very low fuel' warning is 760 something. But she was at a level lower than what would be considered comfortable ;).

Same here. Almost 8,000km on the SV6's clock, so still a tight engine. My VZ didnt get decent economy till I hit 20,000km. The last 4 tanks have been this: 699km & 69 litres, 645km & 67.85 litres, 668 km & 70.16 litres, 693km & 70.71 litres. This is about 50% around town driving, 5km trips max, and 50% runs to work (25km each way), or to Sydney & back - great economy down, but not so good heading back up the hill lol. One trip to Wiollongong & back got this: 624km & 55.04 litres (8.82 litres per 100km). So far I am averaging 10.59 litres per 100km, and that is slowly reducing. My VZ averaged very close to 10.5 litres over the entire 140,000km once it was run in.

I find the low fuel warning comes on a little later than I'd like - I fill it up within 20km of it initiating & I always manage to squeeze 70 litres in the tank (72.98 litres one time!!)

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
approx 450 - 500
My first 5 days of run-in with my Alloytec engine netted me 526km at 10.9L/100km ... still taking it very easy and varying the speeds plenty, but again this was the first tank and NOT a SIDI engine. I only "filled" with 57 litres, making sure that the tank still had plenty left -- the usual advice these days seems to be to always keep at least a quarter of a tank left.

Hsv is king

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS
I have the 3.0l if find them pretty good to drive.performance is not to bad,I do quite a few k`s with it and can get about 680kms out of a tank and bp 95 fuel,cruise control work very well with this engine.

If you were going on a trip on the highway and some city driving you could easily get over 700 kms and average could average about 8.7/100

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
yup. got to love it. engine sounds great, takes off decent, and shines when you need it to.
as far as fuel consumption it is variable. usually i get around an average of 11L but have gotten it down to 10.2L. went to lourne from melbourne, fairly decent traffic and some light traffic past geelong, got a total of 700k's before i had to refuel and had 5 litres left in the tank. but on average it is sitting around 600 k's with heavy and sensible driving mixture.

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
better perfomance then previous sv6 engine better gearbox and clutch