Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got Monroe GT Sport Shocks Installed?

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Looking at getting some new shocks as my car feels bad going over bumps etc and looking at getting some Monroe GT Sport all round

Just wondering if anyone has these installed in their car and if so what do you think of them?

My current setup is Pedders Touring Springs all round with KYB Shocks but as i mentioned i find it over bumps you feel everything and want something that will be a little more comfortable

I would keep the springs as they sit at a nice height and i spoke to my local pedders guy and he said they are the best springs available for a VZ in the pedders catalogue

Thanks

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
In the middle of installing that exact setup a we speak. Should have it all together tomorrow.

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I've got Monroe GT sport all round with my stock FE2 suspension.There ok for relatively cheap shock. unless your current shocks are stuffed you probably won't notice a lot difference

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I gave up on Munroe a few years ago.

Rear Munroe GT shocks kept dying when doing less then 5,000km, rides ****, take them out, check em and yup dead.

Changed to KYB and been good since.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The following is my observations of Monroe GT Sports.
I tried the Monroe GT sports F&R on my Z Senator when one of my level ride shocks broke and decided to go with so called good shocks.
In conjunction with my HSV luxury springs (softer ride than Clubby or R8's) the GT Sports were too soft in the bump setting and would have my front spoiler crashing into the ashphalt coming off speed humps at any speed more than a crawl.
Did some investigating and found that is exactly how they are setup being designed to be used with a stiffer more sports orientated spring (Kings lowered HD's).
The idea was to give those stiffer springs a softer bump setup so they rode better and not be so harsh.
The older Monroe GT Gas (similar to what HSV VT-VZ used) had a stiffer bump setting and so when used with stiff springs made the ride a lot harsher.
So basically what i'm saying is that if you are running a stiff lowered heavy duty spring the GT Sports is fine.
But if you are running a more FE2 style of spring then The GT Gas or something even better like Bilstien or Koni Yellow sports adjustables is the go.
I now run the Koni's and love them.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Ive got them in the car , the ride feels firm but bumpy in my opinion . but then again I am running ultra low all round .