Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got Monroe GT Sport Shocks Installed?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The more i drive on my Tourers/GT Sport combo the more i find it's too soft for my liking. This is only my opinion however.

Thats what I found when using the GT Sports with HSV luxury springs on my Z Senator.
As Said earlier the GT sports have a very soft bump setting to make stiff springs feel softer.
Love my adjustable Koni Yellow Sports.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
KYB with King springs ride far better than Monroe and King springs. Have 2 clubbies, and the KYB one rides far better IMHO.
I am not a fan of anything Pedders.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The older Monroe GT Gas (similar to what HSV VT-VZ used) had a stiffer bump setting and so when used with stiff springs made the ride a lot harsher......But if you are running a more FE2 style of spring then The GT Gas or something even better like Bilstien or Koni Yellow sports adjustables is the go.

My live axle VS has the Monroe GT Gas with factory FE2 springs all round. The ride is pretty firm and you definitely feel the bumps but not what I would describe as harsh, except for the bigger bumps.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Had monroe gt shocks all round for a few years now and no issues with kings hdsl springs. Ride is firm but not uncomfortable but i have always had stuff suspension on all my cars so used to it. Another point is your tyre profile and wheel size..17 inch wheels with the higher profile tyre will ride out bumps alot smoother than 19 inch wheels with lower profile tyres ( tested this with my original 17 inch ss wheels n tyres which absorbed the bumps alot better than the 19 inch wheels and tyres on there now)..

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Just remembered, had pedders touring on the rear with standard shocks when first got the car and that setup rode softer but springs sagged incredibly with rear passengers or a load in the boot so changed them out quick smart..

OLI170

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR S2 UTE
Hi all..
after some advice.. plz
i have 12 ssv redline ute .. with 275 35 zr20s on rear.. and 245s on front. with new gt sports all round.. kept the kings ssls as had these with original shocks which were stuffed..
problem now is i have installed a caddy draw witch is heavy and rear bars and some of my tools.. and can barely get fingers between rears and arches..
can i change the rear springs to standard or rasied hd.. and keep the gt sports.. or are slhd my only choice.. in kings catalogue it does not spec shocks for standards..??
any advice would be awesome.. cheers.