Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got Monroe GT Sport Shocks Installed?

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Ive got them in the car , the ride feels firm but bumpy in my opinion . but then again I am running ultra low all round .

Yeah just had a look and mines not that low. I would say mine is between low and super lows. I wonder with that spring set up if it would be better?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
The combination which i'm installing atm is from the Mrs Calais. It's running the Pedders Tourers with the original struts which have now done 320,000kms so i think it's time they were retired. Even on the dead struts the ride is still firmer than my FE2's.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
I had the Pedders Touring grey springs in my VXSS with Monroe GT shorten shocks i found the ride to be very comfortable and smooth maybe a little soft at times but for street duties their Ok

Your KYB shocks should be ok

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I had the Pedders Touring grey springs in my VXSS with Monroe GT shorten shocks i found the ride to be very comfortable and smooth maybe a little soft at times but for street duties their Ok

This would be my opinion of them after going for a drive tonight. Not running Pedders in the rear as the Mrs car had King 125R or something in the rear. Still have the original shockies in the back aswell. Will change them in the future.

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Ive got them in the car , the ride feels firm but bumpy in my opinion . but then again I am running ultra low all round .

I put it Monroe Gt Sports low set with low King coils and I have to say, Monroe were brilliant once upon a time. Now I feel like I'm driving an old farm tractor. Firm ride but bumpy as all hell. At times it feels like I'm gonna smash the roof with my head. New Nolathane bushes all around as well. Changing to coilovers ASAP, these Monroes are crap.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
You think it's rough now. Wait till you are at the chiro after driving on Coil overs.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
You think it's rough now. Wait till you are at the chiro after driving on Coil overs.

Surely what you spent on that setup would do the same and overall be cheaper than a bone cruncher in the long run.

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Had coilovers before in a VS. Was a sweet ride.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
The more i drive on my Tourers/GT Sport combo the more i find it's too soft for my liking. This is only my opinion however.