Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone had the same problem...?

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
Just recently i got my car back from the panel beaters after being softly knocked in a car park on the rear bumper. I picked up the car when it was getting dark so i couldn't see much at the time. Had a look in the morning and i was amazed to see the bumper was so much darker than the car itself...so im taking it back tomorrow and probably another 4-7 days without a car, so bloody inconvenient.
Anyone had this same issue happen to them..?

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
It could be that the fresh paint is what your car paint should look like. As we all know paint fades after time in the sun, nothing we can do about that.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
If they are good enough painters, they should have matched it pretty well.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
It could be that the fresh paint is what your car paint should look like. As we all know paint fades after time in the sun, nothing we can do about that.

Its called colour matching.Shouldnt be darker if they know what they are doing.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
i know a few panel beaters and they often take a chip of the paint and put into a colour testing machine which matches perfect match everytime, this is not unusual for panel beaters to do and they should do a process which is called blending, which means that they blend the colour to the rest of the car.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yeah sounds like it wasn't blended but for a bumper a good painter will match colours and just hit the bar only.